Stuck on TWRP

Aybabtu

Members
Aug 31, 2016
Hi, i have a little problem with my POCO M3.
I unlocked the bootloader
i try to install TWRP but it dont work, i'm with linux mint
i boot on fastboot mode
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
then : fastboot boot twrp.img but it doesn't work, then i boot into twrp, works the first time but don't see the beta rom to install. instead i have a bunch of files with numbers and letters. I already format DATA. What do i do wrong ? thx for your advices

Last edited:

Aybabtu

Members
Aug 31, 2016
other problem I have, is taht TWRP don't stay, when I press volume up + and power, the phone boots to xiaomi recovery

ZERK0

Members
Feb 10, 2016
i recommend to use PC with windows installed.Did you download the cutom rom or whatever rom you want to flash?if yes put the downloaded rom to your sd card...

ZERK0

Members
Feb 10, 2016
ok try this,after flash TWRP dont use command fastboot boot TWRP.img,just turn off the phone,then turn on your phone

Aybabtu

Members
Aug 31, 2016
already try this too, don't work and I can't activate the storage choice !

Thing is when I am finish with installing TWRP, the phone boots in Main menu Poco-recovery 3.

Last edited:

Aybabtu

Members
Aug 31, 2016
Who knows how to install TWRP and stable beta rom on POCO M3 ? I just don't undestand what I'm missing !

geoanto555

Members
Jan 27, 2017
Download twrp
rename to twrp.
Install:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img
format data
reboot recovery
(if mtp not working reboot recovery again)
copy rom to internal and flash.

ZERK0

Members
Feb 10, 2016
try to visit Telegram ,there are several Poco M3 updates,kernels,ROMs,custom ROMs and tutorials for Poco M3

Reactions: Aybabtu

vichugo

Members
Aug 17, 2017
So everything works perfectly, still don't understand what I did wrong ! but i noticed you link me to another TWRP for POCO M3 !
Big Up and BIG THANK TO geoanto555 and ZERK0 for yout help and time ! Appreciated that :-D
Because you don't format data. But you lost all data if not backup. So i can say newest version of TWRP work not good. It encrypt internel storage that why we can't find normal data there. Wait to new TWRP version

Reactions: Aybabtu

Aybabtu

Members
Aug 31, 2016
Because you don't format data. But you lost all data if not backup. So i can say newest version of TWRP work not good. It encrypt internel storage that why we can't find normal data there. Wait to new TWRP version
ok thanx for the feed back !