Stuck on TWRP

Aybabtu

Members
Aug 31, 2016
Hi, i have a little problem with my POCO M3.
I unlocked the bootloader
i try to install TWRP but it dont work, i'm with linux mint
i boot on fastboot mode
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
then : fastboot boot twrp.img but it doesn't work, then i boot into twrp, works the first time but don't see the beta rom to install. instead i have a bunch of files with numbers and letters. I already format DATA. What do i do wrong ? thx for your advices

Last edited:
other problem I have, is taht TWRP don't stay, when I press volume up + and power, the phone boots to xiaomi recovery

i recommend to use PC with windows installed.Did you download the cutom rom or whatever rom you want to flash?if yes put the downloaded rom to your sd card...

ok try this,after flash TWRP dont use command fastboot boot TWRP.img,just turn off the phone,then turn on your phone

already try this too, don't work and I can't activate the storage choice !

Thing is when I am finish with installing TWRP, the phone boots in Main menu Poco-recovery 3.

Last edited:
Who knows how to install TWRP and stable beta rom on POCO M3 ? I just don't undestand what I'm missing !

try to visit Telegram ,there are several Poco M3 updates,kernels,ROMs,custom ROMs and tutorials for Poco M3

Reactions: Aybabtu
So everything works perfectly, still don't understand what I did wrong ! but i noticed you link me to another TWRP for POCO M3 !
Big Up and BIG THANK TO geoanto555 and ZERK0 for yout help and time ! Appreciated that :-D
Because you don't format data. But you lost all data if not backup. So i can say newest version of TWRP work not good. It encrypt internel storage that why we can't find normal data there. Wait to new TWRP version

Reactions: Aybabtu
Because you don't format data. But you lost all data if not backup. So i can say newest version of TWRP work not good. It encrypt internel storage that why we can't find normal data there. Wait to new TWRP version
ok thanx for the feed back !

I have the same error message when trying to fastboot boot twrp.img.
So I just pressed Volume up and Power to enter TWRP.

My problem is: TWRP does not respond, I can't touch that buttons!
Can anyone help?

Reactions: X.EU - Naethan
When you are done flashing custom recov, but still in the stock rom and you accidentally reboot the phone.. the stock rom will over-write the existing custom recov to go back in default, so you must flash the ROM immediately after flashing custom recov.. you can flash the custom recov again and don't do the same mistakes..

I see your device is still encrypted though, first you must save the EU ROM you want to flash in SD CARD or OTG not in internal.. before flashing you must need to format data to remove device encryption and reboot to recov to proceed in flashing, don't worry your recov will not over-writed again.. and then after that wipe DALVIK, CACHES, DATA first and now proceed to flashing EU ROM.. after flashing the ROM succesfully Press Go back and Format DATA again.. then there you go reboot the system now..

I Hope that i could help you bro..

EDIT: Btw you might need other official custom recov to do all of this, like OrangeFox or PitchBlack etc.. cause TWRP in our device is still unofficial.. but it depends on you..

You can find other Recov in https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/poco-m3-roms-kernels-recoveries-other-develop.11969/

Last edited: