Switch from fastboot to twrp rom without wipe

RenoFischa

Members
Aug 24, 2021
Hi,
is it possible to switch from the fastboot rom to the twrp rom (once it's available) without wiping all data on your phone?

It does not have to be official (since the 10 series models, the official TWRP is no longer issued). But they must be able to install the ROM and dev. xiaomi.eu will decide.

Reactions: kamilinho20
I run exactly this version and its working, but i installed the eu-rom before over fastboot. I'm now waiting for the next weekly to test rom install over twrp
But there is a much shorter install routine...its for mi11 i think exept the filename...when i find it again, i will post it here

There are no twrp roms available, so i have to install fastboot roms for now and the unofficial twrp is obsolete. Think we have to wait until the official twrp with support for a/b partition.

Hi,
is it possible to switch from the fastboot rom to the twrp rom (once it's available) without wiping all data on your phone?
Can somebody write a guide?

TWRP is available now for mix 4, I have installed it works ,but I could not find a way to flash the EU firmware,I ended up wiping TWRP and then I fast booted the latest Xiaomi EU .

I'm not yet ready to invest in moving all my apps and sell my old phone , because I'm frightened I'll have to wipe again in order update to latest EU version.
Thanks everyone

Sent from my 2106118C using Tapatalk