System storage full, help please

qbert456

Members
Feb 20, 2013
I only have about 30mb free on my system so now apps won't update.
What kind of things do i erase to clear space please is it simply deleting apps?

I'm used to cm type roms from previous phones where data is on SD and therfore the system area stays quite empty by comparison.

uploadfromtaptalk1377158104264.jpg

Well what do you have installed for apps?? you can use this app which might help you identify what all that data is. Sometimes when you uninstall big games(like NFS for example) it does not delete the extra data it has downloaded/installed. Just trying to avoid you a full wipe...

I noticed that in my case, it gets full because of cache used by google maps or currents.
Open up miui file explorer and there is a clean up function, this usually clears up around 1 gb of cache for me, allowing me to install a few more games :)

But i agree this is really annoying...

Open terminal and run: "df" command. Run this command also when you're on /data partition to see what part of /data is used most.
I think your "lost+found" folder is full of garbage.

Thanks for replies,been driving all day so not had chance to check forum (or wipe) but will have a try prior to wipe!

:)

That app is great, says lost +found is only 97mb though so that's not the hog

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377288548453.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377288548453.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 607
Out of curiosity, does anyone recall what a fresh Mi2(S) running MIUI/WIUI (with no other apps installed other than what came with the rom) should have free out of the 3.7 GB allotted for system storage? I've flashed so many roms and have so much junk on my phone that the most I can get even after a factory restore/data wipe is around 1.27 GB free, which doesn't sound right to me.

It seams that You have around 1.5GB data for second system. My advise is to clean current system with cleaner (builtin or something else) and wipe data of second system if You dont use it ;)

Reactions: boojay
Thanks guys, will give those a shot. Worse case scenario, I'll just disable True Dual Boot. I think it may be time to just settle and stop flashing so much! LOL

Swyped from my Mi2S