system updates is empty

ppei516

Members
Aug 15, 2014
Hi, I'm currently a beginner for xiaomi mipad, can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? The system updates doesn't show me anything, it was blank. Besides that, I've tried vol up+ power to enter recovery mode but it's not working. Previously I was an Apple user, so I highly need helps! Thanks.

You mean settings --> System Updates?

For me it doesn;t show to much either, a line at the top showing 'System updates' and 'already running latest 4.8.8'. And a single button at the bottom showing 'check updates'. But for you it shows nothing?

Have you tried a factory reset? (Settings --> Backup & Reset).

About recovery mode, strange that it doesn't work.

Have you tried shutting it down completely and press volume up and power button to turn it on, release the power button once you see the 'miui' boot logo but keeping volume up pressed all the time until booted into recovery?

Recovery only works with an 'update.zip' file in the root directory of the internal sd, so you'd need to rename any downloaded roms to update.zip...

Don't bother about system updates. This works as it should.

Wysłane z MI4 W

For me it doesn;t show to much either, a line at the top showing 'System updates' and 'already running latest 4.8.8'. And a single button at the bottom showing 'check updates'. But for you it shows nothing?

Have you tried shutting it down completely and press volume up and power button to turn it on, release the power button once you see the 'miui' boot logo but keeping volume up pressed all the time until booted into recovery?

Recovery only works with an 'update.zip' file in the root directory of the internal sd, so you'd need to rename any downloaded roms to update.zip...

For MiPad system updates downloads OTA package only if we do the package and upload it to Xiaomi servers. But we don't do that often.
For normal updates you have to use recovery to install our rom renamed to update.zip.

Wysłane z MI4 W

Yes, initially it was blank, but now I've gone through recovery and it showed what you mentioned above. Thanks for the help! Cheers :)

Last edited:
For MiPad system updates downloads OTA package only if we do the package and upload it to Xiaomi servers. But we don't do that often.
For normal updates you have to use recovery to install our rom renamed to update.zip.

Wysłane z MI4 W
Yup just did it. Thanks for the help! Cheers :)