[Talk] Share your Mi2A battery experience here !!!

karthicvkn

Members
May 8, 2012
This is just because of getting mi2a user to share their various battery experience.

I feel Mi2A battery is drain faster than my previous phone. I was using Sony Xperia Neo and pretty decent for daily use. But with this mobile i have to charge every 9hr to 10hr interval. Is this for me only or everyone experience it ? also talking 3hr for complete charge (100%)..

Last edited:
As for me, I'm quite satisfied with Mi-2A battery performance. Usually it lasted 4-5 hours screen time on moderate usage.

Sent from my MI 2A using Tapatalk

Yesterday i had my phone at around 50% and was browsing till it reached around 10% and it took about 3 hrs. So i guess my M2A probably around 6 hr of continuous usage (phone is about one month old)
I am not sure if its good or bad but i have seen similar timings on Samsung S3 too. In general battery life for smartphones should be made better.

I saw some battery saver apps would those help? How does it work? I see good reviews but at same time some reviewers mention that apps automatically closes?

The only tips i know is to turn off WiFi and/or GPS when its not needed. This had helped to get Samsung Jet (S8000) give a better battery life.

Yeah its fine for continuous usage.. But If you see in ideal... it's keep discharging. have you notice that?

Last edited:
I use my mi2a without 3g, but with WiFi always on. A few calls, few messages. But there I surf 3-4 hours a day
the battery life is around the 10 hours. Load every night my phone
syne3e3y.jpg

Inviato dal mio MI 2A con Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389186593229.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389186593229.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Hi karthicvkn,
When i am in office i am not using the phone that much, WIFI on to check emails or rare net browsing. May be 5 mins game break :). I am not having 3G Connection too.
When i was using the 3.12.27 ROM i had observed that even with minimal usage the battery used to drop a lot in about 8 to 9 hrs and almost needed a recharge.

I think with 4.1.3 ROM i found a better battery (Attached).

However the battery drops drastically with continuous game play of about 30-45 mins. I also observer heating at the top of the phone like Camera Part. Is this normal?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-09-19-42-07.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-09-19-42-07.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 334
That's great to see 9hr on battery and still "50%" more remain. Sure i will try 4.1.3 ROM :).

I think "Heating" issue is normal when you play big 3D games (asphalt, GTA, COD ... ). When i play asphalt 8 around 15 min I feel heat at top of my phone.

Other Mi2A users may feel same. So let's see other's comment here :)

Last edited: