Invalid The device does not see the SIM card on the Xiaomi EU firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAS_RU

Members
Aug 13, 2021
I recently bought a Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G smartphone (Garnet) and applied to unlock the bootloader on the same day. The firmware was Global 14.0.6.0 (MI). The SIM card was working. After unlocking the bootloader, I started the Xiaomi EU firmware (HyperOS) and found that the device was not catching the network. The phone sees the SIM card, but there is no network or Internet... I found out on the Internet that POCO F5/POCO X6 has a similar problem after firmware...

I tried to flash MIUI 14.0.15.0 (Xiaomi EU)
The network is also unavailable...

Russia, Beeline operator. If it helps in any way.

The main question... What to do? what is the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_20240210_004151.jpg
    IMG_20240210_004151.jpg
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_20240210_004238.jpg
    IMG_20240210_004238.jpg
    855.2 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_20240210_005240.jpg
    IMG_20240210_005240.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
Reactions: sluTTY
If you want to use xiaomi.eu ROM and catch the signal follow the instructions below:

Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G / POCO X6​

- Download this firmware EEA or Global > extract the zip. > firmware-update > modem.img > use this file

Install modem.img
fastboot command:
Code:
fastboot flash modem modem.img
fastboot reboot

You can also install the modem in TWRP:

Attachments

• modem.png
    modem.png
    286.8 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
Reactions: Fis2 and xexej
If you want to use xiaomi.eu ROM and catch the signal follow the instructions below:

It only works on MIUI 14.
- Install xiaomi.eu MIUI 14 https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...GARNET_V14.0.15.0.TNRCNXM_v14-13.zip/download
- Download this firmware > extract the zip. > firmware-update > modem.img > use this file

fastboot command:
Code:
fastboot reboot
Why is the desired modem not built into the Xiaomi EU firmware? Will they fix it? Or now I have to flash the modem separately after each Xiaomi EU firmware update?

Reactions: yonatan248
Because there is no Global HyperOS with android 14 yet.
The global version is available on MIUI 14.0.6.0, but after the firmware on Xiaomi EU 14.0.15.0, the network is again unavailable. Why is it necessary to flash the modem in this case?

Why is the desired modem not built into the Xiaomi EU firmware? Will they fix it? Or now I have to flash the modem separately after each Xiaomi EU firmware update?
Because the ROM is made from China ROM and made specifically for the Redmi Note 13 Pro China model.
You'll have to flash modem separately if you have any of the global garnet models.
Why? Ask Xiaomi. It's an unusual case.

Because the ROM is made from China ROM and made specifically for the Redmi Note 13 Pro China model.
You'll have to flash modem separately if you have any of the global garnet models.
Why? Ask Xiaomi. It's an unusual case.
Can I unpack the firmware, download the modem I need and replace it in the firmware folder, and then start installing Xiaomi EU via Fastboot? Will this work, or is modem firmware only possible after installing your firmware?

Same problem as others, SIM card detected properly, but no signal / connection on a POCO X6 5G Global. I tried flashing it using a modem.img as per instructions above

but got an error:

flashing modema - failed, modema_a partition does not exist, aborting

Btw, TWRP method didn't work for me, as it didn't list any partitions that have the word modem in it

Then I changed the fastboot command to:

fastboot flash modem_a modem.img

and it sort of worked, but not fully resolved. Specifically, it now finds local mobile operators, but ONLY 3G / HSPA+. It will not connect to any 4G or 5G networks. I know it's not the SIM card as I tested it using Xiaomi 13 Global running xiaomi.eu ROM and it connects to 4G/LTE/5G networks just fine.

Any ideas what can be causing it? Maybe there is another modem.img file that needs to be flashed for USA / Canada region?

Last edited:

- Download this firmware EEA or Global > extract the zip. > firmware-update > modem.img > use this file

Install modem.img
fastboot command:
Code:
fastboot reboot

You can also install the modem in TWRP:
How to flash if there is no "modem" partition listed in TWRP?

It is written in the post you quote.
You can also replace the "modem.img" file in the unzipped xiaomi.eu ROM and install the ROM via fastboot.

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2024-02-26 175602.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2024-02-26 175602.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 204
But are you getting full reception of all networks, including 4G/LTE/5G ?
Hey, did You solve this issue?. I'm having the same problem. My phone is not getting full network reception. I managed to flash the modem.img but just getting H+ connection.

Enviado desde mi 2312CRAD3C mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
Are you getting 4G, LTE or 5G icons st the top of your screen?. For example on my device only gets H+ and 3G. I believe that is has something to do with the hardware or modem.
316fbb53757709024852350b230da03e.jpg

Enviado desde mi 2312CRAD3C mediante Tapatalk

Just a note: the file link in my tutorial is only for Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G / POCO X6 5G.
Yes, I am trying to resolve issues with POCO X6 5G Global, with TWRP 3.7.1_12-Nebrassy and it does not list a partition called "modem". So I'm using fastboot method instead.

Despite trying several modem.img files mentioned in this thread, I get either no connection at all or limited to 3G/HSPA+. How is this possible, stock global ROM works fine with 5G, I re-installed it to test.

I don't know if I can ask here, it's actually my first time writing on this community.

I have the same problem with a Xiaomi12T, after updating to HyperOs the phone sees the SIM card, but there is no network or Internet.
Do I have to do something similar? Can you help me?
Before this procedure do I have to do a backup of my smartphone or my data are safe?

Thanks in advance

I don't know if I can ask here, it's actually my first time writing on this community.

I have the same problem with a Xiaomi12T, after updating to HyperOs the phone sees the SIM card, but there is no network or Internet.
Do I have to do something similar? Can you help me?
Before this procedure do I have to do a backup of my smartphone or my data are safe?

Thanks in advance
Did you install a xiaomi.eu custom ROM? Like this one: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...xiaomi.eu/HyperOS-STABLE-RELEASES/HyperOS1.0/

But based on the information in this thread, it seems the solution is to restore the old modem.img (or non-hlos.bin) file from your previous firmware (MIUI) that worked before. So, it's a 3 step process.

1. Obtain the correct latest MIUI firmware for your phone and region. For example here: https://miuirom.org/phones/xiaomi-12t

Firmware must be in fastboot format

2. Extract a file called modem.img or non-hlos.bin from the firmware .tgz file using an archive utility like 7-Zip or WinRAR.

3. Flash it using fastboot using an appropriate command, such as:

or
fastboot flash modem non-hlos.bin
or
fastboot flash modem_a modem.img
or
fastboot flash modem_a non-hlos.bin

then reboot the phone by running
fastboot reboot

and then see if your network / internet is working again

Good luck!