The reason why i stop with MIUI. ( Unwanted apps autoinstall )

fibercoax

Members
Oct 30, 2011
After manny time i used MIUI rom its time to move on. why?
I noticed that in the last releases there is some software pre installed that i dont want..
Oke fine no problem.... you can remove it with root manager. right?
I found out after you remove Alipay , Game Center, Voice Assist, and some chinese video Crap
What is happening here? IT auto install BACK over the network. You wake up up look at your screen and some apps are back downloaded.
I didnt say its malware , but it suck your DATA without anny permision. blehhh
Plz dont ruin this project by installing crap on it.

Can somebody explain this?

Downloaded from this site this morning !
Tested olso with a full wipe , after a original firmware. Im not crazy

what are you bitching about? Complaining about something you get for free?
Not sure if MIUI is china only or was it made for the international market? If it was China only then it means it was not suppost to be used by others thene chinese people its very simple ;)
Xiaomi is a Chinese based company of course they put Chinese stuff in there rom!
Dont matter what country you are in if the rom is made in 1 country you can bet they will put some software in it that is made for there country.

MIUI is a "Custom" rom based on Android Gingerbread, ICS or Jelly Bean. Xiaomi just changed the theme, added different stuff, added apps, added new features and packed it and called it MIUI.
If you are so sad that its download stuff tell it NOT to its not that hard you got a firewall and monitor app use it!

The rom don't belong to miuiandroid.com they just download it from Xiaomi and add english translations for this weeks changesand upload again.
Here you get a explanation.
Xiaomi every week uploads there rom --> miuiandroid.com downloads there rom --> they unpack it --> add english translations --> packages it --> uploads it --> you download it (maybe not anymore :p ) --> you get apps you don't like --> go to miuiandroid.com forum and bitch about it :)

Sorry to the mods if i'm rude but complaining in the wrong forum about something you get for free and dont like wtf :p

what are you bitching about? Complaining about something you get for free?
Not sure if MIUI is china only or was it made for the international market? If it was China only then it means it was not suppost to be used by others thene chinese people its very simple ;)
Xiaomi is a Chinese based company of course they put Chinese stuff in there rom!
Dont matter what country you are in if the rom is made in 1 country you can bet they will put some software in it that is made for there country.

MIUI is a "Custom" rom based on Android Gingerbread, ICS or Jelly Bean. Xiaomi just changed the theme, added different stuff, added apps, added new features and packed it and called it MIUI.
If you are so sad that its download stuff tell it NOT to its not that hard you got a firewall and monitor app use it!

The rom don't belong to miuiandroid.com they just download it from Xiaomi and add english translations for this weeks changesand upload again.
Here you get a explanation.
Xiaomi every week uploads there rom --> miuiandroid.com downloads there rom --> they unpack it --> add english translations --> packages it --> uploads it --> you download it (maybe not anymore :p ) --> you get apps you don't like --> go to miuiandroid.com forum and bitch about it :)

Sorry to the mods if i'm rude but complaining in the wrong forum about something you get for free and dont like wtf :p

Yes you so rude ! So if you get a "free" Mercedes that is controlled by USA government you stil want it? nah jk , I get your point why complaining, don't get me wrong man im a big fan of Miui , installing it on my friends phone etc.. But when i get the idea someone others control my device by auto installing apps , it feel screwed. Is it a virus, is it some commercial advertising? i cant look into code.!

I wil install it back next Saturday ! .. Testing cm10 JB @ sgs2 Its pretty cool too.

Laters

I understand your problem with it auto installing i dont like that either but miuiandroid.com cant really help you since they dont make the rom. What they of course can do is probably rip the stuff that is not needed out of the rom and make a custom miui without the chinese stuff but then you might get new problems since you removed stuff that might be neded.

My best advice to you is to firewall and block the hell out of the apps you don't want to connect to the internet :) If they cant access they can't download either. I did it to every game i have because of the commercials in the games drain the battery and its annoying and it looks better without it :) So just go into monitor and the different firewall apps and block what you don't need. I think i only have google play and gmail allowed to access the internet 24/7. I might have something more but don't remember.

Always thought this was an official sister/brother mirror whit no edits .
Bout your commercial / banner things in apps/games Install "ADFREE" app from the app store (you need root for it )
Hoppaaa , all banner commercial things belong to the past

just firewall blocking them works perfect since i don't want the online stuff anyway :) Not playing angry birds and other games online so it works out nice :)
Depends on what you mean official? Xiaomi don't have any affiliation with this site at all, miuiandroid.com is a fan site that just got Xiaomi connections.