The WiFi signal is really bad on Mi 9 lite, how can I fix it? :(

medesnabbt

Members
Nov 8, 2015
Hello guys! For the past year I've had horrendous WiFi signal on my Mi 9 lite. I didn't have any time to try to fix it until now.

As of today I'm using Xiaomi.eu ROM, stable version 11.0.3. I don't know if this firmware version is the reason to why the WiFi signal is awful, but if I would like to update the firmware, would that format my whole phone?

Also let say that I update it to the latest version of version 11 (I've heard that MIUI 12 is even worse on Mi 9 lite), but would it be possible to downgrade to another Version 11, without having the risk of bricking the phone due to that it might have anti-rollback protection? :)

medesnabbt

Members
Nov 8, 2015
No one knows how to somehow fix this issue?
The signal is very low and it constantly keeps dropping/reconnects everytime :(

dexterv

Members
Jul 22, 2020
Well you are unwilling to update to a newer version which is actually being developed so there is very little anyone can recommend, apart from playing with the router.

medesnabbt

Members
Nov 8, 2015
Well you are unwilling to update to a newer version which is actually being developed so there is very little anyone can recommend, apart from playing with the router.
If I update to the latest version, would I be able to downgrade it later if I want to try other versions?
Or am I stuck due to the anti-rollback protection? :)