Invalid themes crashing miui 10 rn5a

Murek

Members
Oct 21, 2020
So i got ugglite (redmi note 5a 2gb) and i just installed xiaomi.eu rom (didnt bother installing it sooner cause i actually liked the global miui 11, compared to xiaomi.eu miui 10) cause my global rom was unusable at this point, and wanted to finally try xiaomi.eu, but i encountered few problems, like themes crashing, flashlight flashing during ringing (no idea how to turn it off) and some notifications not showing up (which i can live with)...
But the themes crashing is most annoying cause i cannot change anything from default...

Heres the log from crashing themes:

Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()    
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.done(AsyncTask.java)   
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:354)    
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:223)  
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:242)    
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1133)  
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:607)   
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:760)Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String
org.json.JSONObject.getString(java.lang.String)' on a null object reference    
at com.android.thememanager.h5.f$c.a(WebResourceManager.java)  
at com.android.thememanager.h5.f$c.doInBackground(WebResourceManager.java)    
at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java)   
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:237)    ... 3 more

Unusual suggestion but does this also happen when you use the Themes app while offline?
I had the same issue on a Redmi Note 8T where the Themes app crashed when online, but works when offline.

Reactions: Murek
Unusual suggestion but does this also happen when you use the Themes app while offline?
I had the same issue on a Redmi Note 8T where the Themes app crashed when online, but works when offline.
yes, that works i guess, thanks

hopefully i will be able to turn off flashing flashlight during incoming call now!

yes, that works i guess, thanks

hopefully i will be able to turn off flashing flashlight during incoming call now!
This you should be able to enable/disable if you go to the dialer app, settings, additional setting for incoming calls.