Things Missing In Miui 8 Stable...?

Mel-e

Members
Sep 11, 2016
Hey everyone, this is my first post here, yay :)
I've just upgraded to Miui 8 this weekend, the newest stable 8.0.4.0, as I had been very happy with my old stable version of Miui 7. First, the rom runs perfectly fine: stable, smooth, fast, excellent battery so far.
But I've been missing some things which I really used a lot and I need your help to figure out if that's only because it's the stable version or if it's generally missing in Miui 8. If I use funny words, that's cause I'm trying to translate my German Menu language into what it might be called in English :) Sorry bout that.
a) the new battery "app" is really annoying... It doesn't show remaining battery time anymore. Before it was big on the first screen, like "80% - 1 day remaining". Now it only tells percentage and if I want to see the remaining capacity, I first have to enable the battery saver mode, then let it analyze problems, then go to optimize, unclick suggested optimizations and then go to "manual optimization" and there the capacity is, down below and only in mAh. This really sucks. Another thing in the battery section: On the first page it tells me the "running time", but that's the time since I've last rebooted my phone, has nothing to do with time since last full charge.
The time it shows over the usage chart seems to be correct time since last charge, though.
b) I can't deactivate Google keyboard anymore and other apps I also can't deactivate, but don't mind. Is that the same in weekly rom? I would love to deactivate Google keyboard like I always could before. The "red lines" when typing text with another keyboard really annoy me and the whole procedure of having to root and then delete it seems unnecessary when in Miui 7 I would just click deactivate...
c) I love using themes and changing them every so often. So first I checked out the "new" themes possibilities only to find out that now there are less :( There's less options to change (e.g. I can't manually change the status bar only), I can't use icons from themes I downloaded and apply them and I think there's more options missing that I can't remember right now.

I read on en.miui that the missing themes options are available on chinese dev roms. If that's true, then they should also be available on weekly xiaomi.eu roms, right?
Can you guys on weekly rom deactivate Google keyboard??
And could the remaining battery time pretty pleeease be reinstated in one of the next versions? (How the hell could they take this very handy feature out anyway???)

Thank you!

Hi, additional in version 7 the battery saving settings were much better.
There were setting to turn the phone into flight mode for a certain time and so on. This is missing now and therefore I had to install Llama.

Gesendet von meinem Mi-4c mit Tapatalk

Yes, that's true. Do you know if the "usage time" in the new battery section is supposed to be the remaining time?
I figured that the time shown there and also the time shown over the old line chart is wrong in my device. Maybe I'll try dev rom - or wait till next stable :(