New Time is different

FrankoNL

Members
Dec 10, 2014
I just got my Note 4g and updated it to the latest v6 version.

Problem is that the time is not displayed correctly. On my home screen it looks fine. It is the right time. But at the top left of my screen in the battery bar the time is an hour earlier. I checked all the timesettings and they are correct.

What can i do?

Hi @FrankoNL
I have the same issue on my MI2 currently running 4.12.19 (v6).

I have found I can work around the problem as follows:

Settings > Edit system time >

Disable: 'Automatic date & time'
Enable: 'Automatic time zone' & allow it to resolve the incorrect time zone (GMT +01:00. Central European Standard Time)

Manually 'Set date' and 'Set time' to current local values for your location.

For me this has stopped the system time from changing and the clock widgets from getting out of sync with the system time.
Of course I'll have to manually adjust the time when daylight savings starts and ends and occasionally set the time to keep it accurate but this is way better than how it was for me before.

I hope this helps.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi @FrankoNL
I have the same issue on my MI2 currently running 4.12.19 (v6).

I have found I can work around the problem as follows:

Settings > Edit system time >

Disable: 'Automatic date & time'
Enable: 'Automatic time zone' & allow it to resolve the incorrect time zone (GMT +01:00. Central European Standard Time)

Manually 'Set date' and 'Set time' to current local values for your location.

For me this has stopped the system time from changing and the clock widgets from getting out of sync with the system time.
Of course I'll have to manually adjust the time when daylight savings starts and ends and occasionally set the time to keep it accurate but this is way better than how it was for me before.

I hope this helps.
Cheers.

Hi, I have the MI3 with miui v6. I have followed your instructions, but the time zone is not resolving. I live under GMT -3, but each time I restart the cellphone or over a period of time it returns to GMT +1 . This bug is really annoying. :(

I was forced to use Clocksync. Any help would be appreciated.

Same here on my Mi3W running weekly 5.3.6:
Screenshot_2015-03-30-10-52-14.png
Screenshot_2015-03-30-10-51-58.png

However this only appeared yesterday when we passed to DST from GMT+1 to GMT +2. Until Saturday the timediplayed on the lockscreen and the system time was the same.
Fore example, at GMT=8:51, Local time = 10:51 these are my date and time settings:
Screenshot_2015-03-30-10-51-09.png
Screenshot_2015-03-30-10-51-44.png

Note how "Set time" says 11:51 yet when I set manually, the setting says 10:51
Regardless of whether I set automatic or manually, there is always a +1 difference between lockscreen and system time

Could this be a "Hardware time" vs "System time" issue?

Are you on 5.3.27..?

~Tapatalk~
No, 5.3.6
I tried updating last night when I noticed the problem but the download would not start. I will try again tonight and let you know!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scratch that, I just downloaded the cancro zip and am installing it right now....​

Last edited: