Total noob question

robgomm

Members
Oct 18, 2020
First post of hopefully many. I've just got a Mi 10 Ultra from a popular auction site with the EU.rom already installed.

As handy as this is, the camera is a prime reason I bought it and performance doesn't seem 100%, though vastly better than my three year old Note 8.

If I factory reset the phone, will this revert to the Chinese ROM or just remove all data? Is there a way to revert to the Chinese ROM if I wanted to?

Thank you!

Hello, first a question. How much did u pay and what is a site so i can maybe wait good price go order.

About question. If u format (factory reset phone) u will not lose your rom. He will stay eu rom, u cant have 2 roms one over another, just like in windows (if u install win 10 u will have win 10). For chinese rom, probably u can whitout unlocking bootloader and 100% u can with unlocked bootloader.

Hello, first a question. How much did u pay and what is a site so i can maybe wait good price go order.

About question. If u format (factory reset phone) u will not lose your rom. He will stay eu rom, u cant have 2 roms one over another, just like in windows (if u install win 10 u will have win 10). For chinese rom, probably u can whitout unlocking bootloader and 100% u can with unlocked bootloader.

£640 but I got it used. Been looking for weeks and just got lucky with a good deal. Always risky on auction sites but the guy seemed sound and he was.

Thank you for the explanation, makes sense. I don't know if it's worth going back to the Chinese ROM or not, there's obvious disadvantages but I'm new to all this and wouldn't necessarily have installed the EU.rom had I got the phone from Wonda or wherever.

£640 but I got it used. Been looking for weeks and just got lucky with a good deal. Always risky on auction sites but the guy seemed sound and he was.

Thank you for the explanation, makes sense. I don't know if it's worth going back to the Chinese ROM or not, there's obvious disadvantages but I'm new to all this and wouldn't necessarily have installed the EU.rom had I got the phone from Wonda or wherever.
Hey, the EU ROM is a great and reliable system overall, it's just that the devs are still working out a few kinks here and there.

One of which being the fact that the stock EU ROM camera app currently has some issues with photo quality compared to the native chinese ROM camera app.

More details can be found in this thread, read though it carefully:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/bad-kamera-quality.57708/

Reactions: robgomm
Hey, the EU ROM is a great and reliable system overall, it's just that the devs are still working out a few kinks here and there.

One of which being the fact that the stock EU ROM camera app currently has some issues with photo quality compared to the native chinese ROM camera app.

More details can be found in this thread, read though it carefully:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/bad-kamera-quality.57708/

Thank you. The fix doesn't make much sense to me, if it is a fix, as I'm not terribly au fait with rooting. I've not tried the camera on the Chinese ROM but what I have on the EU.rom is still leagues better than my old Note 8.

i cant edit system on mi 10 latest weekly no matter what i do so i cant switch camera... so