Touch Screen Sensitivity

escotty77

Members
Jul 1, 2014
Hello
I have just received my Mi5 Pro today and after the automatic update it is at Android 6.0.1 Miui 8 Global 6.8.11 Beta
The problem is that my touch screen is way too sensitive and when I am trying to scroll it is opening things.
Trying to scroll the settings menu is almost impossible. Writing a sms is almost impossible.
I tried to find some setting for this but found nothing.
Please give me some advice.
Thank you in advance.
Regards,

Hello
I have just received my Mi5 Pro today and after the automatic update it is at Android 6.0.1 Miui 8 Global 6.8.11 Beta
The problem is that my touch screen is way too sensitive and when I am trying to scroll it is opening things.
Trying to scroll the settings menu is almost impossible. Writing a sms is almost impossible.
I tried to find some setting for this but found nothing.
Please give me some advice.
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Go to Device Info, tap 5 times on Kernel Version, diagnostic tool will start. Try running touchscreen test.

- sent from my Mi5

Go to Device Info, tap 5 times on Kernel Version, diagnostic tool will start. Try running touchscreen test.

- sent from my Mi5
lol , I tried that before but I activated it using *#*# etc. and it only listed 10 tests.
Anyway this time I could run the test but it is only the screen that you see the contact movement.
Nevertheless since I did a reboot it seems OK. If the problem comes back I will post here again.
Thank you for the advice :)

any news about that touch sensitivity issue? I switch to cyanogenmod cause this annoying sensitivity: troubles to swype right or left the notifications.. etc.

Hi there,

Just confirmed that Xiaomi Mi5s has this issue, the touch screen is non reliable with excessive sensitivity, when I try to swype notifications left or right, try to select certain item in a menu, it always goes wrong.

HOW TO ADJUST TOUCH SCREEN SENSITIVITY :
  • Tap "Settings" or "... Additional settings" (all depending of your Android version)
  • Tap "Language and Input."
  • Scroll to the very bottom of these settings and tap "Pointer speed".
  • Default speed should be %50. Increase the slider to make the touch screen more sensitive and easier to tap. Decrease the slider to make your touch screen less sensitive and more difficult to tap.
  • Click on OK and then experiment with the results.
Works on XIAOMI REDMI 4 PRO/PRIME 3GB 32GB, octacore 2Ghz, MIUI GLOBAL 9.5.3.2 MBEMIFA, Android 6.0.1 MMB29M

The sliding/swiping issue is gone since Nougat (Thanks to andrei80).

Hope this will help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Percyrohr
HOW TO ADJUST TOUCH SCREEN SENSITIVITY :
  • Tap "Settings" or "... Additional settings" (all depending of your Android version)
  • Tap "Language and Input."
  • Scroll to the very bottom of these settings and tap "Pointer speed".
  • Default speed should be %50. Increase the slider to make the touch screen more sensitive and easier to tap. Decrease the slider to make your touch screen less sensitive and more difficult to tap.
  • Click on OK and then experiment with the results.
Works on XIAOMI REDMI 4 PRO/PRIME 3GB 32GB, octacore 2Ghz, MIUI GLOBAL 9.5.3.2 MBEMIFA, Android 6.0.1 MMB29M

The sliding/swiping issue is gone since Nougat (Thanks to andrei80).

Hope this will help.
I have been looking for weeks for a fix for this on my Redmi Note 5 (MIUI 10), it's been driving my crazy - tap a letter on the keyboard, two letters come up on the screen. Also two spaces, rwo commas, two full stops. This "fix" above has so far returned the phone to what is was. I hope it stays that way. Thanks a million

Reactions: Kostovdean
I wrote above that the problem seemed fixed, but sadly, back it comes back again after a day or two. I am desperate and thinking of just chucking the phone in the bin. That problem makes it totally useless. I think it may be the screen, and it needs replacing. Please, please, anyone got any ideas?