Touchscreen Is Unresponsive In Miui Camera App In Low Light Conditions In Redmi 3

radd00

Members
Jul 11, 2016
Hi.

I encountered weird problem with touchscreen in camera app. In Video Recording mode when light is low, it almost completely stops reacting to touches (including Menu, Home and Back keys). It is same no matter if i'm recording something or not. Recorded video or preview is smooth all the time and physical keys (power and volume) are working fine. When light conditions are back to good, it starts to work perfectly fine.

I enabled touch visualization in Developer Options and it sometimes shows random multiple touches just before the moment when touch stops working.

I am using xiaomi.eu MIUI8 6.7.7 rom right now, but it behaves the same on stable. Other camera apps (i tried Open Camera, MX Camera and Camera360 + FB Messenger app) seems to work good, but i would prefer to stick to MIUICamera.

I also noticed problems with touchscreen in RE-VOLT game on some more performance demanding tracks.

Other than that, it works pretty much flawlessly.

I attached logcat, which i recorded with CatLog (only includes errors, i could set it to verbose if needed). I might try to capture my phone's screen if this will help in any way.

Attachments

• logcat_and_device_info.zip
    33.9 KB · Views: 224
Same problem with redmi 3 pro, i love miui camera but i'm forced to use *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*

(6.8.4)

Update: A full wipe seems to fix it

Last edited: