Touchscreen Stops Responding On Redmi 4 High Edition

emmexx

Members
Jan 3, 2017
I bought this phone 3 weeks ago and 6.12.15 weekly is the 1st xiaomi.eu rom I installed.
While using some apps (camera, oruxmaps, osmtracker, probably others I don't remember now) the touchscreen stops responding. I can't shoot a photograph or click on a button of an app or zoom or pan. I have to use a physical button to "reset" the touchscreen by turning off the display or using the open apps selector.

Is this an hardware problem, a rom problem or what?

thank you
maxx

Same here. Use the phone since yesterday and got some screen freezes in all menus and apps as well as in the launcher. It helps to shut down the screen and unlock it again but it really is annoying.

6.12.29 btw

Last edited:
And today I got a reboot while in the camera app pressing 2 or 3 times the home physical button (the central one). :-(

maxx

I went from Vendor ROM straight to 6.12.15 and no issue at all.
Phone is working so great that even with stable now available, I am staying on this version.

I went from Vendor ROM straight to 6.12.15 and no issue at all.
Phone is working so great that even with stable now available, I am staying on this version.
Any idea to explain the difference in behaviour?
Are there any difference in hardware?
Could it be that something went silently wrong while installing the rom?

thank you
maxx

What I can tell you is that from Vendor ROM, I wanted to make sure to get rid of everything so
I did a full wipe, system, data, even internal storage (which cause me issue but easy to fix)
After that, I use mi flash to flash chinese Dev Rom, then flashed twrp, wipe all caches and data, then flash xiaomi.eu 6.12.15 Dev Rom
and since then, I didn't update, phone is working perfectly.

No root, or anything else...
I did change Fonts and Hosts file from twrp but, it has nothing to do with performance...

Good luck my friend.

What I can tell you is that from Vendor ROM, I wanted to make sure to get rid of everything so
I did a full wipe, system, data, even internal storage (which cause me issue but easy to fix)
After that, I use mi flash to flash chinese Dev Rom, then flashed twrp, wipe all caches and data, then flash xiaomi.eu 6.12.15 Dev Rom
and since then, I didn't update, phone is working perfectly.

No root, or anything else...
I followed a tutorial found on the blog of the italian/chinese online shop where I bought the phone.
I started from the stock english/chinese rom installed on the phone when I received it. I didn't use it.
A part from "I did a full wipe, system, data, even internal storage (which cause me issue but easy to fix)", I don't know what you mean and how you did accomplish that, I did the same as you did:
chinese dev rom, twrp, wipe, flash of rom HM4Pro 6.12.15 dev weekly.

Does the choice of the twrp make any difference?
Or can a miui setting, or a combination of settings, be the culprit?

thank you

maxx

A part from "I did a full wipe, system, data, even internal storage (which cause me issue but easy to fix)", I don't know what you mean and how you did accomplish that

maxx

In twrp, you go to advanced wipe and then you can choose what to wipe...

I am not saying that you should do this, I am just saying that it's what I did.

In twrp, you go to advanced wipe and then you can choose what to wipe...

I am not saying that you should do this, I am just saying that it's what I did.
The tutorial I followed suggested to use the default wipe: Factory reset.

When I'll have some spare time I'll try to reinstall everything and see what happens.

Thank you

maxx