Twrp 3.6.2 with android 12 support has been released

@x3mzone I will try to do that with TWRP Filemanager (I am currently not using Root). I am just wondering from where I got this font. I didn't install any fonts. Probably it came with an app (don't know which one).

Install TWRP in about 10 minutes - worked very flavless - will use for the next stabile release in future - i hope ....... Mi11pro !!

Reactions: Tecalote
I see from logs that you have a font leftover in /data/fonts/files/~~TcVo-NvfSHhhWHH0rgmSKA==/NotoColorEmoji.ttf
Remove that .ttf file and backup will work.
I think its a MIUI leftover file, not in use.
I also have it and removed because TWRP failed with same error code .
Amazing, exactly this solved my problem. Thank you for this solution! :emoji_thumbsup:
I didn't even have to delete data/extm. The backup works fine now :)

Another question, just because I'm interested and in case you know: is it possible that the data/extm folder has something to do with Memory Extension? (extm / extended memory) While I still had my problem with "createTarFork() Error 255" I thought about it. The folder might be reserved for +3GB RAM. I had disabled this feature to be safe and now didn't have to delete the data/extm folder for a working backup - while others say to always remove this folder before backup (maybe because they have 3GB RAM enabled). The folder is recreated after each restart. Just a guess.

Attachments

• recovery-backup-success-log.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Amazing, exactly this solved my problem. Thank you for this solution! :emoji_thumbsup:

Another question, just because I'm interested and in case you know: is it possible that the data/extm folder has something to do with Memory Extension? (extm / extended memory) While I still had my problem with "createTarFork() Error 255" I thought about it. The folder might be reserved for +3GB RAM. I had disabled this feature to be safe and now didn't have to delete the data/extm folder for a working backup - while others say to always remove this folder before backup (maybe because they have 3GB RAM enabled). The folder is recreated after each restart. Just a guess.
no, data/extm is only a problem with file, data/extm have nothing to do with extended Memory.

I think its a MIUI leftover file, not in use.
I also have it and removed because TWRP failed with same error code.
This is an extraordinary mistake, where you only get it if you have it yourself, I have the folders but they are empty. Thanks for the hint, which shows once again how important it is to make a clean install in between.

/data/extm/ is created (only) on MIUI and is a temporary reserved space for "Second Space" feature.

Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
since 11T Pro has A/B

"rename downloaded twrp to twrp.img
1. fastboot command: fastboot boot twrp.img
(Change language with the right button, enter pin)
2. copy the downloaded twrp.img to the phone.
3. Install
4. Install Image -> choose twrp.img
5. Install Recovery Ramdisk
to check: back to main menu
6. reboot to recovery (should boot twrp again)
7. Then reboot to system"

is the option

There have been many new twrp releases from skkk for mi11u recently. This is very nice, but...
Is there a changelog somewhere? Does anyone know?
I love the updates, but also would like to know what has changed.

I see from logs that you have a font leftover in /data/fonts/files/~~TcVo-NvfSHhhWHH0rgmSKA==/NotoColorEmoji.ttf
Remove that .ttf file and backup will work.
amazing ... backup is working now ....is that back can be restored without boot lop ...and dose we need to mark data only in back or system too

I have similar questions..

I used the "Restore" button out of interest - it asks if you want to remove the "PIN" or you use the confirmation slider to start the restore with current "PIN".

I would also be interested to know why you are being asked at this point or whether a recovery is possible at all without any problems?

And do you need the "system.img" to restore "data without media"?

Lastly, I would also like to know if a restore is only possible under the current ROM (e.g. 13.0.9) or if one can also restore "data" from e.g. 13.0.9 to 13.0.12?

It is clear to me that it only works under the current Android version. But is it true that it only works on the current ROM - if at all?

Before the backup, the data/extm folder should be cleaned up the same applies to the data/fonts folder all folders and subfolders must not contain any files. The best and easiest way is to delete data/extm and data/fonts completely
Backup: data; boot and super after that everything you can see on the PC File Manager, must be copied from the mobile phone to the PC, preferably in an extra folder. Restore: The same system (Version e.g. 13.0.6.0.SKAEUXM) must be installed. Copy the contents of the phone back from the PC, then restore boot, data super

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG-20220807-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220807-WA0002.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 120

Tecalote

Apologies first time TRWP user here can you clarify which option is best for the Mi 11 ultra on Xiaomi EU Rom do I flash current TWRP, Onekey injection or Recovery ramdisk? Which one is best once TWRP has booted up for the first time. Thanks.