Twrp And Root Mi 4c

Oct 7, 2015
Ok, so I surfed quite a bit over these forums and was not able to find a guide to install TWRP and root.
Yet, I found two or three related threads over en.miui.com but still can't decide which is the best procedure, where best means most reliable and less prone to brick my phone.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, so I surfed quite a bit over these forums and was not able to find a guide to install TWRP and root.
Yet, I found two or three related threads over en.miui.com but still can't decide which is the best procedure, where best means most reliable and less prone to brick my phone.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Eh
1. Download any development version frim Chinese download site. Those versions have root.
2. Install Flashify app
3. Install TWRP recovery.
4. Install our multilanguage rom via Updater or TWRP.

Wysłano z MI Note

Reactions: Giovanni Carrozza
Eh
1. Download any development version frim Chinese download site. Those versions have root.
2. Install Flashify app
3. Install TWRP recovery.
4. Install our multilanguage rom via Updater or TWRP.

Wysłano z MI Note

Hmm..so:

1. I download dev chinese rom (rooted) and install it via updater app. OK
2. I install flashify. OK
3. I install TWRP with Flashify, right?
4. I reboot. Now i have dev chinese rom rooted and TWRP.
5. I don't understand this. In multi rom's download page, it says "install with TWRP or Flashify". It doesn't say "install via updater app". Can you explain this?

If you have TWRP then you install updates as normal from Updater.

Wysłano z MI Note

Reactions: claudiok
I have just tried to install directly the LIBRA ROM on my xiaomi 4C having a Stable rom and ended up with a signature error...
I guess I should have first install the xiaomi DEV rom to avoid this....

Now hopefully I will be able to install the xiaomi dev rom using fastboot or something else....damn !

Yeah right...downloading the xiaomi dev rom now....thanks for the guidance man !
I will finish the DL and try again to finally let u know if it worked !

I have installed the China DEV ROM.
Now trying to install TWRP with Flashify. After selecting the 04 TWRP 2.8.7.1 For MI4C EN v2.zip file, I get a black screen, not thing seems to happen.

When checking in the explorer folder, I can see that a TWRP folder was created with a .twrps file
When shutting down and rebooting, I press Volume+ and Power, i takes me to the original MI Recovery interface.....

Did I make anything wrong ?

Alright, just install the TWRP manually following this link - be careful, only the CHINESE version works, not the english one.

Then it all worked out, I have the latest xiaome.eu ROM install with the GAPPS and french activated !

A big big thanks to xiaomi.eu and you for pointing me in the right direction, thanks folks!

AD

Ho, very good to know, I was not that patient hehe, I will try for the next release, thanks for the tip man !

Do you guys know, when will be released a rom that doesn't need twrp way to be installed?? (I mean installing via original MiRecovey)

Reactions: imortalitzik
Hi, I tried this procedure and everything went ok and I had my nice multilang ROM installed and working. Until I tried to boot the recovery mode with TWRP. Since then the phone is hard bricked, no signs of life and neither plugging it to the pc seems to do anything.

Please help me, I fear that my 7 days old phone is ready for garbage.....

i have miui_MI4c_5.12.31_5d6537a0b8_5.1.zip put on to my Mi-4c from a backup, via TWRP i had luckily done before having the bootloader locked. i want to maintain root and also install a rom from here. what is the correct procedure for me to follow to achieve this, without wrecking things? which rom(s) to use?