TWRP bootloop

Albin

Members
Jun 25, 2019
Hi!

I had a working 9.6.13 but never found a TWRP version that worked properly so i couldnt update. Then I found and flashed the Mauronofrio TWRP.
After that i couldnt reboot into system, i came straight back to recovery every time.

I flashed the 9.6.20, hoping it would fix things but still only booted into recovery. Tried re-flashing Mauronofrio TWRP and the system booted up once but lots of things arent working, like wifi, camera etc..

If i reboot my phone i go back to recovery every time.

Has anyooe else had similar problems or know what might have happened?

EDIT: Have a MI9 by the way

Last edited:
Yes, I have the same issue, had try all the TWRP, flash DM-verity before or after flashing Magisk all reboot back to custom recovery.

Finally flash this TWRP-3.3.1-7-siankatabg-MI9.img, reboot to system, patch Magisk boot.img and reboot to Recovery and flash the patch boot.img.

With this, I can boot but Magisk always prompt to download latest version for Magisk to work properly.

If download and reboot, it will reboot to fastboot screen and PC cannot detect devices, therefore, do not download the latest version when prompt.

Currently, I can't flash any Magisk modules due to above problem but at least, phone is rooted.

BTW, my phone is the China set, unlock bootloader and flash international rom.
Have not try EU rom.

Hope the above help.

Cheers.

Yes, I have the same issue, had try all the TWRP, flash DM-verity before or after flashing Magisk all reboot back to custom recovery.

Finally flash this TWRP-3.3.1-7-siankatabg-MI9.img, reboot to system, patch Magisk boot.img and reboot to Recovery and flash the patch boot.img.

With this, I can boot but Magisk always prompt to download latest version for Magisk to work properly.

If download and reboot, it will reboot to fastboot screen and PC cannot detect devices, therefore, do not download the latest version when prompt.

Currently, I can't flash any Magisk modules due to above problem but at least, phone is rooted.

BTW, my phone is the China set, unlock bootloader and flash international rom.
Have not try EU rom.

Hope the above help.

Cheers.

Thanks for your reply

Unfortunately its not really same as my problem. My problem is that when i boot i can only get to TWRP. I cant boot into system.
When i flash TWRP again I can get into system once but it isnt working properly

//Albin

Thanks for your reply

Unfortunately its not really same as my problem. My problem is that when i boot i can only get to TWRP. I cant boot into system.
When i flash TWRP again I can get into system once but it isnt working properly

//Albin

had the same issue. i used twrp from LRTeam and went to mauronofrio's twrp. tried everything but nothing helped...

my only solution was to reset phone... first i saved all my data

had the same issue. i used twrp from LRTeam and went to mauronofrio's twrp. tried everything but nothing helped...

my only solution was to reset phone... first i saved all my data

Thank you

Yes I had to format data partition to get everything working properly but now everything seems to work fine again.

Reactions: ReeCorDs
Hello. I've got the same problem.
I've used the teto recovery (tried differents)
I've got unlocked BL
Putted the phone on fastboot mode

1) fastboot flash recovery nameoftherecovery.img
2) Fastboot boot recovery nameoftherecovery.img
the phone reboots and enters on system. All fine, right? NO

If i shutdown or run out of battery, i cant power up the phone. If i do so, the phone enters on recovery and from there i cannot go to system, if i select reboot to system, the phone reboots again to recovery.

The only way i could get the phone back is put on fastboot mode and:
Fastboot boot recovery nameoftherecovery.img

I dont know whats appenning but i think the only solution is to fastboot a clean image...

recovery mi9 3.3.0.9.0 b8.img download xda developer.
fastboot flash recovery ......
volum up+power go to recovery.

boot into Fastboot Mode.
fastboot flash recovery recovery-mi9-3.3.0-9.0-b8
disconnect the USB
disconnect the USB cable and boot to TWRP recovery by holding down both the volume up and the power buttonson
put rom USB stik and connect to mi9
wipes: Data, Caches and Format Data
Install the ROM
After install reboot power off
After power on
After three attempts with other TWRP and RESTART SYSTEM, so I managed to install the Cepeus EU version xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9_9.6.27_v10-9.zip

Hello. I've got the same problem.
I've used the teto recovery (tried differents)
I've got unlocked BL
Putted the phone on fastboot mode

1) fastboot flash recovery nameoftherecovery.img
2) Fastboot boot recovery nameoftherecovery.img
the phone reboots and enters on system. All fine, right? NO

If i shutdown or run out of battery, i cant power up the phone. If i do so, the phone enters on recovery and from there i cannot go to system, if i select reboot to system, the phone reboots again to recovery.

The only way i could get the phone back is put on fastboot mode and:
Fastboot boot recovery nameoftherecovery.img

I dont know whats appenning but i think the only solution is to fastboot a clean image...

Hi!

Sounds exactly like the problems I had and once i managed to boot the system up again with the same method you describe, I had lots of problems with the rom. For me the solution was to format data partition and then flash the rom again. Havent had any problem since I did that.

Regards,
Albin

Reactions: B00giemanpt