Twrp - Can't Flash, Wipe, Mount Or Backup

hosxt9

Members
Nov 2, 2017
I have troubles with twrp. I have an unlocked boot loader, have installed the official china rom MIUI 8 with mi assitatnt (or whatever is it called on the PC), when the MIUI 9 came out I updated it via OTA. After that I have flashed twrp with fastboot flash recovery twrp.img, then booted into it bypased the password thing with volume - power button, but for some odd reason I can't flash, do a backup or wipe or mount annything. It's telling me as if the phone is encrypted but I've never encrypted it, the current rom isn't encrypted and I've never noticed a trace of encryption. I've also tried to do the
"fastboot format userdata" but there was an error "can't format, file system not supported " "".

Anyone has any information on that, any hint or anyhitng would be more then welcome!

PS: I've used the twrp, prowided by xiaomi.eu

I have troubles with twrp. I have an unlocked boot loader, have installed the official china rom MIUI 8 with mi assitatnt (or whatever is it called on the PC), when the MIUI 9 came out I updated it via OTA. After that I have flashed twrp with fastboot flash recovery twrp.img, then booted into it bypased the password thing with volume - power button, but for some odd reason I can't flash, do a backup or wipe or mount annything. It's telling me as if the phone is encrypted but I've never encrypted it, the current rom isn't encrypted and I've never noticed a trace of encryption. I've also tried to do the
"fastboot format userdata" but there was an error "can't format, file system not supported " "".

Anyone has any information on that, any hint or anyhitng would be more then welcome!

PS: I've used the twrp, prowided by xiaomi.eu
Have you tried erasing the userdata partition instead? Boot in fastboot mode and do "fastboot erase userdata", that should wipe everything, partition headers as well. Beware that this will erase all of your data. If that doesn't work I have another solution, but as it is a bit more "extreme" let's see if this one works instead:D

Thanks bro for the help!

- Did "fastboot erase userdata" it wiped it but result in boot loop
- entered the mi recovery did wipe, reboot, worked
- flashed twrp via fastboot
- wiped again and it worked, made backup and flashed rom

Now it's working, thanks for that small hint, at first I was kind of "meh it won't do it" but thanks a lot! I owe you a drink ;)

Reactions: jaraju