TWRP for MI 10T PRO (APOLLOPRO)

Hey! Update here, I tried flashing that TWRP permanently and works great, and also dencryption works, it just asks for password/PIN for decrypting and works with no problems, so yes, you can permanently flash TWRP AFTER installing xiaomi.eu :)

Thank for your guidance. I did exactly and It's really work. after flashing permanent Twrp, I did reboot Twrp sucessfully by "vol + and Start button". However, I got a question, with that installed twrp can we flash the custom rom normally from now, when formatting Data, it will not format the custom rom in the internal storage too, isn't it? it's mounted to internal storage normally? And when we flashed rom completely, the phone will restart without stucking at Mi logo. I'm really appreciated for your anwers.

Thank for your guidance. I did exactly and It's really work. after flashing permanent Twrp, I did reboot Twrp sucessfully by "vol + and Start button". However, I got a question, with that installed twrp can we flash the custom rom normally from now, when formatting Data, it will not format the custom rom in the internal storage too, isn't it? it's mounted to internal storage normally? And when we flashed rom completely, the phone will restart without stucking at Mi logo. I'm really appreciated for your anwers.
First I'm going to assume that when you say custom rom you're referring to this xiaomi.eu ROM.

with that installed twrp can we flash the custom rom normally from now
Yes, you can install xiaomi.eu ROM with that TWRP, I've done two updates with no problems for now.

when formatting Data, it will not format the custom rom in the internal storage too, isn't it?
There are two types of "data" formatting
- first the one where you only format the /data partition, where apps and apps data are stored but no personal files (internal storage)
- the other one (that can be found as a separate button in the Wipe section) deletes all your internal storage (personal files, like pics, downloads etc.) and cache's
Be careful which one you select. When installing xiaomi.eu for the first time is necessary to format all data, the second one.

it's mounted to internal storage normally?
If the TWRP properly supports decryption, there shouldn't be any problem and you should see your internal storage with all your files after entering your PIN/password when booting into TWRP

And when we flashed rom completely, the phone will restart without stucking at Mi logo
If you do the correct procedure for installing the ROM, it should boot without problems and with no bootloop

Reactions: ledactoan
First I'm going to assume that when you say custom rom you're referring to this xiaomi.eu ROM.

Yes, you can install xiaomi.eu ROM with that TWRP, I've done two updates with no problems for now.

- first the one where you only format the /data partition, where apps and apps data are stored but no personal files (internal storage)
- the other one (that can be found as a separate button in the Wipe section) deletes all your internal storage (personal files, like pics, downloads etc.) and cache's
Be careful which one you select. When installing xiaomi.eu for the first time is necessary to format all data, the second one.

If the TWRP properly supports decryption, there shouldn't be any problem and you should see your internal storage with all your files after entering your PIN/password when booting into TWRP

If you do the correct procedure for installing the ROM, it should boot without problems and with no bootloop

huge thank for your answer. I understand better now.

Permit me to ask you a question.

I've installed rooted my Mi 10T PRO (so TWRP and Magisk) and everything worked like a charm. A new update 12.5.3 has been released. So downloaded it and install, but when reboot to TWRP, I'm stuck in the TWRP starting page ... So, I've to force reboot and the update had not been installed.

I'd like to flash a new TWRP version and then several questions come :

Thanks in advance

buonasera, sono il possessore di un MI 10t pro, dopo aver acquistato il telefono sono passato subito alla rom xiaomi.eu, quindi ho sbloccato il bootloader, installato la twrp e scaricato la rom "Beta", quella settimanale per intenderci . ...mi sono fermato a quello del 25/26.08.2021. Adesso visti i problemi recenti vorrei passare alla rom stabile di Xiaomi.eu, mi hanno consigliato di seguire la vostra guida, ma quando arrivo al punto 1.6 (mettendo il telefono in fastbbot e digitando "fastboot boot TWRP.img" da mi da un errore, come se non riconoscesse il terminale o la recovery all'interno della directory. Presumo di non aver formattato il telefono prima di iniziare la procedura.....

posso chiederti la cortesia di spiegarmi passo passo la procedura da seguire, per me che provengo da una rom settimanale e che ho già twrp installata e bootloader sbloccato? te ne sarei davvero grato.....grazie

Hello everybody, leaving in Thailand, I spend a few times to update my MI10 Pro from China, reason was that the languages are limited to 3 (English , Chinese and Chinese dialect). First I load the Global rom , BAD IDEA because ONLY 1 SIM CARD IS ALLOW with this rom.
After that I load this EU ROM, wich is really day and night compare the Chinese rom.
Much more fast, read 2 sims card, have more than 50 languages.No harassment with chinese adv. or programs not require . It is really a very good rom and I CONGRATULATE THE TEAM who work on this rom.
The version I load is EU_Multi_mi10pro_21.9.1 Version 12-11.zip, ADB dos, and TWRP ( Venus.img) load on memory only. I didn't root my phone at all . Just unlock bootloader(168 hours waiting) . Really , they make a good job.

Reactions: Poney70
Hello everybody, leaving in Thailand, I spend a few times to update my MI10 Pro from China, reason was that the languages are limited to 3 (English , Chinese and Chinese dialect). First I load the Global rom , BAD IDEA because ONLY 1 SIM CARD IS ALLOW with this rom.
After that I load this EU ROM, wich is really day and night compare the Chinese rom.
Much more fast, read 2 sims card, have more than 50 languages.No harassment with chinese adv. or programs not require . It is really a very good rom and I CONGRATULATE THE TEAM who work on this rom.
The version I load is EU_Multi_mi10pro_21.9.1 Version 12-11.zip, ADB dos, and TWRP ( Venus.img) load on memory only. I didn't root my phone at all . Just unlock bootloader(168 hours waiting) . Really , they make a good job.
Hi, did you fastboot boot or flash the TWRP to your device? Because in the previous version it could not decrypt the data.

Hi, did you fastboot boot or flash the TWRP to your device? Because in the previous version it could not decrypt the data.
Hello, for TWRP, I use Adb fastboot .
I didn,'t install TWRP permanently but just in memory with fastboot boot ....***.img. Then copy the ROM.zip in a folder of the MI., Other possibility is to copy the ROM in a USB stick. TWRP will find it. Make a Dalvik clean after.

Hello, for TWRP, I use Adb fastboot .
I didn,'t install TWRP permanently but just in memory with fastboot boot ....***.img. Then copy the ROM.zip in a folder of the MI., Other possibility is to copy the ROM in a USB stick. TWRP will find it. Make a Dalvik clean after.
Thanks for your answer. How do we update in the future? Through the OTA updater or by installing updates through TWRP?

Thanks for your answer. How do we update in the future? Through the OTA updater or by installing updates through TWRP?
I didn't try yet but I receive update by OTA and I think just see where your download are ( supposed to be in the update_rom folder. Then, just flash it with TWRP that you have again to load in the memory for a while. That's why better to use the monthly update.

I didn't try yet but I receive update by OTA and I think just see where your download are ( supposed to be in the update_rom folder. Then, just flash it with TWRP that you have again to load in the memory for a while. That's why better to use the monthly update.
Do we need to wipe or clear something when updating through TWRP?

MI 10 Pro , I notice that TWRP is not 100% stable to install it on bootloader and may cause some trouble to start the system. But it is perfect when load in the temporary memory of the MI with fastboot.

MI 10 Pro , I notice that TWRP is not 100% stable to install it on bootloader and may cause some trouble to start the system. But it is perfect when load in the temporary memory of the MI with fastboot.
Good to know it. Will try out this next week. Would you mind being contacted on personal conversation?

Last edited:
I've installed rooted my Mi 10T PRO (so TWRP and Magisk) and everything worked like a charm. A new update 12.5.5 has been released. So downloaded it and install, but when reboot to TWRP, I'm stuck in the TWRP starting page ... So, I've to force reboot and the update had not been installed.

I'd like to flash a new TWRP version and then several questions come :

Thanks in advance

Congratulation , the best thing is to note all the steps you did . It is important for any other update you may do later.
Thanks for your help! By the way, can you explain the process on how to update through TWRP without losing personal data? I'm not quite sure about the process.

Thanks for your help! By the way, can you explain the process on how to update through TWRP without losing personal data? I'm not quite sure about the process.
You just install the zip, and reboot.

Some people like to clear dalvik & cache, but it should be done automatically.
The updater download the zip, and try to reboot to TWRP to install it, but depending on your phone model, the process can fail at some point, and you can do it manually.

Reactions: Poney70
Only one suggestion is to load TWRP in memory and flash your update. You don't need to have TWRP resident in your phone. From Twrp flash your update save in one of your folder or from a usb stick. Make a Dalvik clean cache.
I'm not sure but I think there is a small bug between the boot partition and the system partition of the MI 10 pro.
That's why load TWRP in memory is more sure and then flash your update will work correctly.

You just install the zip, and reboot.

Some people like to clear dalvik & cache, but it should be done automatically.
The updater download the zip, and try to reboot to TWRP to install it, but depending on your phone model, the process can fail at some point, and you can do it manually.
Only one suggestion is to load TWRP in memory and flash your update. You don't need to have TWRP resident in your phone. From Twrp flash your update save in one of your folder or from a usb stick. Make a Dalvik clean cache.
I'm not sure but I think there is a small bug between the boot partition and the system partition of the MI 10 pro.
That's why load TWRP in memory is more sure and then flash your update will work correctly.
I see what you guys mean. I just updated to the latest 21.9.15 Weekly/Beta ROM according to your instructions.

Let me list out the process to help those who don't know how to update MIUI EU without flashing/installing TWRP beforehand (With Fastboot boot method):
Note: If you are updating from Weekly/Beta to Stable or Stable to Weekly/Beta version, please refer to this guide: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...redmi-k30s-ultra-thorough-step-by-step.61742/
Please make sure you have downloaded suitable TWRP for your phone and Minimal ADB and Fastboot is installed on your computer, and your TWRP file are placed in the folder of Minimal ADB and Fastboot.

1. Connect your phone to a computer by using a USB cable.
2. Turn off your phone and then boot into Fastboot mode by pressing Volume Down + Power button.
3. Run Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer, type "adb devices" to ensure that your phone is recognized by your computer.
4. Type "fastboot boot TWRP.img" (Follow your TWRP file name, e.g. umi.TWRP, "fastboot boot umi.TWRP"). Your phone should be able to boot to TWRP after the command is issued.
5. If TWRP asks for a password, just click Cancel. Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select Dalvik/ART Cache > Swipe to Wipe. When the wipe process is complete, return to the TWRP home page.
6. Go to Install and select your ROM zip file > Swipe to confirm Flash. The process of flashing will begin. (Please make sure you have downloaded the ROM zip file to your phone's internal memory or USB OTG).
7. After the flashing process is complete, reboot to system. Your phone will finish booting in about 5 minutes.

The update process is complete until here. Feel free to let me know if there are any errors in the tutorial. I hope this can help newbies in need.

I have Mi10T Pro working fine on xiaomi.eu Stable 12.5.1.0. How can I install TWRP permanently with keeping my data?

Hej. Mam Mi 10T Pro, Android 10. Czy warto mieć androida 11? Zależy mi na tym, by był root i mógłbym wgrywać różne aplikacje jak Magisk, safetyNet etc.
1. Warto aktualizować Androida 10 do 11?
2. Jaki ROM polecacie? CUSTOM ROM?
3. Gdzie znajdę link?
4. Zna ktoś dobre programy/Aplikacje, które wyłączą reklamy, albo inne przydatne etc?
5. Czy Android 11 współpracuje ze wszystkimi programami do telefonów ? :
marvel-tool
marvel-tool-frp ?
Bardzo proszę o pomoc