Twrp For Mi Max Pro 3/64 Snapdragon 652 (helium)

Can you please explain where do you check device is helium or hydrogen? and also why and what exactly is to unmount system in twrp.

Can you please explain where do you check device is helium or hydrogen? and also why and what exactly is to unmount system in twrp.
Connect it to PC with TWRP running.
adb devices -l

TWRP mounts a few partitions from the phone, including the normal internal storage. With the system partition pre-mounted the installer failed to flash the system partition.

Thanks for reply but please I need more instructions:

A. the command adb devices -l should be when I am connected to pc and on twrp screen? I get no device detected.

B. How do I unmount system on twrp?

Thank you!

I have flashed your modified twrp successfuly.
Then I was able to flash the new rom from today (for helium). It gave some kind of error statement at the end of the process saying something about mounting the system but it rebooted properly and works fine with the new rom (I checked in the settings it is the new one) Can something be wrong because I skipped the part you wrote about un-mounting?

Thanks again for your help!

PLease check the ROM version, I think you still have the old ROM.
The system partition is the old one.

Last edited:
In settings about phone MIUI version it says MIUI 8 version by Xiaomi.eu 6.8.4 beta which is the one from today. Could be the ROM flashed but the system is the old one? Is this a problem? Should I flash again and if yes what exactly to do before?
Thanks!

In my TWRP I had wiped the system partition, then flashed the zip with error mounting the system partition and when I have tried to reboot, TWRP warned me that I had NO system to boot.
After I have unmounted system in TWRP and flashed again, there was no error and I had my fresh install running after 10 minutes. For normal flashing TWRP should have only two internal partiton mounted.
usb-otg and/or external sdcard may be mounted if you flash a file from them.

TWRP-Recovery-Mount.jpg

OK. I think I will leave things like now because it works and it shows the last version, screenshot attached. Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-05-16-10-06-008_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-05-16-10-06-008_com.android.settings.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 536
But there is a new problem after the update. The phone doesn't recognize the sd card (32gb) which was in and detected in previous version. Any idea why?

I have no idea, I am not an android developer. But I know that if you had the mount system error in the flash script, you did not flash the system.img in the package.

Ok. After you uncheck the system in mount menu do you boot again to twrp and then flash or flash immediately?

I do not understand the reboot ?
In TWRP unmount system and then flash the zip. You should not get any error during the flash.

EDIT: I have installed now 6.8.4 for Mi Max Pro helium from TWRP recovery. After reboot I have inserted a SD card. It was recognized immediately.

Last edited:
hello, my Mi Max Helium got a problem with TWRP - it asks every time to a PASSWORD ??

How can I solve this problem??

Someone a link to download the right TWRP version for Mi Max Pro 64 GB Helium !?

Thank you

hello, my Mi Max Helium got a problem with TWRP - it asks every time to a PASSWORD ??

How can I solve this problem??

Someone a link to download the right TWRP version for Mi Max Pro 64 GB Helium !?

Thank you
Default password is "Teamwin"or you might click cancel when TWRP ask for password

TWRP from Xiaomi.eu is work fine

Reactions: vapenote3
Thank you very much. I will try it later.
If I click to cancel, then no permission to go to sdcard:-(

Thank you.