twrp install on renoir

Louislfr10

Members
Mar 5, 2021
hello, I need help to install twrp on renoir
I just got back from this thread and I don’t know how to permanently install twrp
(A/B devices)
I managed to launch it with the command
fastboot boot twrp.img
but from this step, I can not find the file to select in "advanced settings --> install recovery ramdisk", can I have some explanations?

TWRP must be able to decrypt the storage. TWRP must ask for password/PIN/pattern.
And for renoir, TWRP for android 13 is not available.

Therefore, this procedure will not work for you.
- Put the TWRP file on your phone
- Run TWRP
- Install TWRP to Ramdisk

Attachments

• Instalace_TWRP.png
    Instalace_TWRP.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
so i need to dowload the image on my phone ? Or won’t it work on renoir ?
thank you for your answer

Installing TWRP it will work but TWRP won't work on Android 13. It can't decrypt the data partition. You won't see the files in TWRP.

I'm confused. Why is then a Hybrid ROM with Android 13 for renoir (latest Weekly)?

If I install the latest TWRP from here, I won't be able to install the ROM with TWRP?

I'm confused. Why is then a Hybrid ROM with Android 13 for renoir (latest Weekly)?

If I install the latest TWRP from here, I won't be able to install the ROM with TWRP?
Would it make more sense to maintain a specific fastboot ROM build when all others are switching to hybrid ?

Reactions: MeiGuddet

What are you confused about? We provide ROMs. We don't provide TWRP, nor do we have any control over what TWRPs are available and when.
So now we provide ROMs in a single universal format, and the user may flash however he can at any given point in time.

Calm down guys. I know that you're not responsible about TWRP, and that it's easier to make this hybrid ROM for all, but it's still confusing.

Just adding, for example "when TWRP available for the device" or "with TWP version higher as .... " will be maybe helpful for everyone.

Last edited:
Calm down guys. I know that you're not responsible about TWRP, and that it's easier to make this hybrid ROM for all, but it's still confusing.

Just adding, for example "when TWRP available for the device" or "with TWP version higher as .... " will be maybe helpful for everyone.
Using a method that is available, when it's available, is common sense. No, we don't need to add the obvious, the user has to utilize his brain, just a little bit.

hello, I need help to install twrp on renoir
I just got back from this thread and I don’t know how to permanently install twrp
(A/B devices)
I managed to launch it with the command
fastboot boot twrp.img
but from this step, I can not find the file to select in "advanced settings --> install recovery ramdisk", can I have some explanations?
Unofficial but well-tested TWRP for android 12/13 is now available here:

Unofficial but well-tested TWRP for android 12/13 is now available here:
Thanks for the info friend, I'll surely try it