TWRP Mi Mix 3

No, I'm having bootloop probs... just trying to reformat data again and reinstall

EDIT: not booting; also Magisk installation fails (can't repack boot image).
Now I'm trying to install zip of Dev China 8.11.15

EDIT 2: China Dev 8.11.15 booting fine; Magisk flashing is ok.

Can someone post the recovery.img on this site? I cannot download it from the baidu site.

How can i test this without flashing? I executed the "fastboot boot TWRP-3.2.3-1124-XIAOMI_MIX3.img"; however, it reboots back into MIUI (dev 8.11.15 beta)...
No way to only boot it. You have to flash it.

Inviato dal mio MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

No way to only boot it. You have to flash it.

That sounds very risky...

Update:

Risk taken... entered TWRP recovery successfully and rebooted into Dev ROM successfully. Thanks!

Last edited:
@ingbrzy do you have any idea why EU rom gives a boot loop while same version China Dev rom boots fine?

I wonder if we need to use the sign boot.img function in the twrp to make it boot
Good idea but I will wait for other suggestions.
I don't want to pass the evening flashing and restoring

Good idea but I will wait for other suggestions.
I don't want to pass the evening flashing and restoring

Tell me how to retore from failed boot totally and I will try in 3 hours.

You must have a fastboot rom (both stable and dev are available on XDA), decompress it and launch "flash_all.bat" while phone in fastboot.
Be careful not to use flash_all_lock because it will relock bootloader.

But i only got the Dev 11.15 zip rom. The fastboot rom isn't released yet.

But i only got the Dev 11.15 zip rom. The fastboot rom isn't released yet.

8.11.8 is available as fastboot rom at the link I posted upon.
Anyway if you have 8.11.15 zip you can always flash it from TWRP and everything is ok.
Remeber to also flash Magisk before booting or recovery will be changed to default one.

@ingbrzy do you have any idea why EU rom gives a boot loop while same version China Dev rom boots fine?

How? No one posted any logs..
Does it loops on MI logo or on 3 dots?

Not at all If you know what you're doing and you have a fastboot rom available in the case.

im very familiar
Not at all If you know what you're doing and you have a fastboot rom available in the case.

I'm very familiar with android... just very cautious. I plan on porting Sailfish OS for the mix 3 in the future. I ported it for the OnePlus 5 over a year ago but I ended up selling it and buying a worthless Vivo Nex (and sold that piece of junk too).

im very familiar

I'm very familiar with android... just very cautious. I plan on porting Sailfish OS for the mix 3 in the future. I ported it for the OnePlus 5 over a year ago but I ended up selling it and buying a worthless Vivo Nex (and sold that piece of junk too).

I must have to say sorry about my wrong assumption when I posted my reply. I was dealing with other problems before I can edit the reply.

How? No one posted any logs..
Does it loops on MI logo or on 3 dots?
I suppose you already know, but I really think this is the problem with rom for Mi Mix 3

It's because MIX 3 is system-as-root device.

https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/system-as-root

Google forced system-as-root for the devices shipped with Pie.

Before this change, only A/B devices were system-as-root and phh-treble was named a-only and ab, but now a-only device also can be system-as-root device.

You can check if your device is system-as-root by running "getprop ro.build.system_root_image" in adb shell. If it's true, it's system-as-root device.

All new devices launching with Android 9 must use system-as-root (BOARD_BUILD_SYSTEM_ROOT_IMAGE must be true), which merges ramdisk.img into system.img, which in turn is mounted as rootfs.

Reactions: PeppeCNN