TWRP not decrypting data

i already did this before and install the xiaomi.eu rom 12.5.7 and after that update to 12.5.10 but now i want move to weekly and the twrp cannot read data and canot decrypt the data even now i took screnshot from the twrp but it didnt saved when i try to format data i get error twrp cannot mount system
I see, you have the decryption error that I have been suffering from. The easiest way around this is to download one of the older fastboot roms. I believe 5-13 was the last weekly fastboot rom. Follow the directions to install it, using the first time install option. This will format you storage/sd card https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...iaomi-eu-rom-for-xiaomi-mi11-pro-ultra.59486/
Then download and install TWRP and flash the latest weekly and you should be good to go.

Reactions: dft601
Slightly different problem to just not being able to format. Have you got a screen lock, did you enter it in twrp to decrypt? Have a search here as several people have had similar issues, I've not, so not followed the posts.

I see, you have the decryption error that I have been suffering from. The easiest way around this is to download one of the older fastboot roms. I believe 5-13 was the last weekly fastboot rom. Follow the directions to install it, using the first time install option. This will format you storage/sd card https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...iaomi-eu-rom-for-xiaomi-mi11-pro-ultra.59486/
Then download and install TWRP and flash the latest weekly and you should be good to go.
Thank you i will try this

Slightly different problem to just not being able to format. Have you got a screen lock, did you enter it in twrp to decrypt? Have a search here as several people have had similar issues, I've not, so not followed the posts.
Yes I already searched here and in google but i couldn't find any solution this twrp version is useless

Yes I already searched here and in google but i couldn't find any solution this twrp version is useless
I have posted about this problem of decryption several times and other users have noticed the problem. In fact there has even been a YouTube video documenting the workaround, but if there is no problem, why is it necessary to do a workaround?

I have posted about this problem of decryption several times and other users have noticed the problem. In fact there has even been a YouTube video documenting the workaround, but if there is no problem, why is it necessary to do a workaround?
that's weird first time i flash the stable rom the twrp work fine and decrypt the data but after update the rom to 12.5.10 the twrp stop working i can't format data and i can flash rom, now i try the way you maintain it above and its work and the twrp now work and decrypt the data normally

that's weird first time i flash the stable rom the twrp work fine and decrypt the data but after update the rom to 12.5.10 the twrp stop working i can't format data and i can flash rom, now i try the way you maintain it above and its work and the twrp now work and decrypt the data normally
That's the decryption error that I and others have been having. There are workarounds for it here on Xiaomi.eu and other places around the internet. TWRP has an issue once you enter a seccurity code (password, pin, pattern, FP, Face unlock). If you do not enter any code it continues to work, but as soon as you enter security codes into MIUI and then reboot to TWRP, it doesn't decrypt your data.

Last edited:
No quite true, there are many of us who use pin or password and pattern who do not have any issues.
There may be an issue with the more recently posted twrp may be? Or may be it's just luck. I'm using the twrp that was released before the official unofficial version. Some people were worried about the app to install it as it was only in Chinese. I transcribed it and used on my 11 Ultra and I use a pin with no decrypting problems.

Just to add more info to the whole issue: for a few days I have been back to EEA 12.5.6 - decryption works fine with TWRP on this ROM (with a PIN set). On the Xiaomi.EU weeklies before it didn't....

Reactions: xNAPx

Hi,
thanks ! That was the solution for me.... Latest weekly fastboot rom ( 21.5.13 ) ... installing, doing first setup, booting to TWRP, Twrp decryption is working...
Updating to newest weekly, TWRP decryption still working.

Latest Weekly Fastboot Rom for Mi 11 Pro / Ultra 21.5.13

Mike

Reactions: Jimnasium
Hi,
thanks ! That was the solution for me.... Latest weekly fastboot rom ( 21.5.13 ) ... installing, doing first setup, booting to TWRP, Twrp decryption is working...
Updating to newest weekly, TWRP decryption still working.

Latest Weekly Fastboot Rom for Mi 11 Pro / Ultra 21.5.13

Mike
The problem is intermitant sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't work when I have assigned a pattern, pin, FR, face unlock, or pasword. If I don't assign any of the above, it works without issue, other than backing up and restoring data, which always fails, but that is another issue. So the problem lies with TWRP not getting the information assigned in the UI correctly. The file has somehow become corrupted and fails to decrypt properly.

رفاق،

كل ما عليك فعله هو "fastboot محو بيانات المستخدم".

من التمهيد إلى twrp ويمكنك نسخ rom إلى هاتفك هناك. إنه إصلاح بسيط. لقد واجهت هذه القضية عدة مرات!

I don't understand when this issue appears. When I go into twrp to insert the pattern I just need to press it longer and it goes fine. Did you try to insist?

I don't understand when this issue appears. When I go into twrp to insert the pattern I just need to press it longer and it goes fine. Did you try to insist?
I originally posted this in June. The TWRP and install process has been upgraded since then and I have no longer been having any problems.

Reactions: xNAPx
I had the same problem. I was not able to decrypt the partition by entering my pin. So I removed the lock screen password in the MI OS. Afther that I rebooted in to TWRP and no unlock pin was requested :)

Reactions: Sage222
I had the same issue, I was able to repair the file table and access the folder with the weekly zip, but now TWRP tells me "Invalid zip file format!", I tried several files.

Ok, I had to go back to an old version and it installed the file, xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_21.10.20_v12-11.zip , but the xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_21.12.1_v12-12-fastboot.zip is not recognized.

The problem now it's that it doesn't load the system even if I reboot to system from TWRP, it always go back to recovery TWRP-3-4-2b-1208, please help!
Phone not working!

Last edited:
I had the same issue, I was able to repair the file table and access the folder with the weekly zip, but now TWRP tells me "Invalid zip file format!", I tried several files.

Ok, I had to go back to an old version and it installed the file, xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_21.10.20_v12-11.zip , but the xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_21.12.1_v12-12-fastboot.zip is not recognized.

The problem now it's that it doesn't load the system even if I reboot to system from TWRP, it always go back to recovery TWRP-3-4-2b-1208, please help!
Phone not working!
seems you must format data in TWRP!

Ok, now I don't know how to use that program, I will look into it.
Will it wife out TWRP too?
YES
You get a factory like phone.
Just take care to not relock the bootloader in MIFLASH.
Then flash TWRP and your EU rom .
Thousand topo on this subject. find one.

YES
You get a factory like phone.
Just take care to not relock the bootloader in MIFLASH.
Then flash TWRP and your EU rom .
Thousand topo on this subject. find one.
Thank you very much.
I tried to install TWRP over the old TWRP, but it didn't work, I will try to wipe all out and start from scratch.
Any particular version of TWRP that you suggest for the Mi 10 Ultra?