TWRP on Android 11?

deedend

Members
Nov 21, 2016
I'm a bit confused about the situation recovery... I have to say first that I'm really not into modding, but I'm really unsure which TWRP to install if I want a normal xiaomi.eu experience, like when I get an OTA I download, reboot and that's it. As far as I understand,at the moment this is not possible and it's required to be connected to a pc every time I get an update. Am I wrong? Thanks to who will help me

Am I wrong?
Totally. ^^

Since TWRP is available for your device (Mi 10T "apollo"?), you can install ROM updates from your device (no computer needed). ;)

Recommended TWRP for "apollo" is this one => https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693766094

OTA process in Xiaomi.eu ROMs: Download new ROM via System Updater => System Updater will reboot your device in TWRP to install the new ROM then you reboot your device to System => Done!

:)

Reactions: deedend
Totally. ^^

Since TWRP is available for your device (Mi 10T "apollo"?), you can install ROM updates from your device (no computer needed). ;)

Recommended TWRP for "apollo" is this one => https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693766094

OTA process in Xiaomi.eu ROMs: Download new ROM via System Updater => System Updater will reboot your device in TWRP to install the new ROM then you reboot your device to System => Done!

So is this valid even with Android 11? Cool, I'll try as soon as I unlock the bootloader, thank you!

So is this valid even with Android 11? Cool, I'll try as soon as I unlock the bootloader, thank you!
Yes. :)
And if TWRP can't decrypt your /data partition, using "Pattern" method for screen unlock (in phone's settings) should help to fix this issue. ;)

Totally. ^^

Oh, so it's safe to permanently flash TWRP after installing xiaomi.eu? So the only-boot method is only used when going from stock Global ROM/stock recovery to .eu, am I right?

Oh, so it's safe to permanently flash TWRP after installing xiaomi.eu? So the only-boot method is only used when going from stock Global ROM/stock recovery to .eu, am I right?
Yes, it's safe to permanently flash TWRP after doing "Wipe Data" in the stock recovery. ;)

Yeap for your second question. :)

Reactions: robertb_45
I've just unlocked the bootloader, but I can't find anywhere the stable xiaomi.eu 12.5 for the Mi 10T Pro, it's funny because the Mi 10T has it. Am I missing something?

I've just unlocked the bootloader, but I can't find anywhere the stable xiaomi.eu 12.5 for the Mi 10T Pro, it's funny because the Mi 10T has it. Am I missing something?
Install the latest "Mi 10T" ROM by Xiaomi.eu on your Mi 10T Pro. That's what you should do. ;)

Reactions: deedend