TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9S (Curtana)

"4 -Run file "TWRP-3.4.1B-0507-REDMI_NOTE9S-CN-wzsx150-fastboot\EN_Recovery-twrp-oneclick-EN.bat" in Windows "

Where is that file? The download link just gives me a .img file. And when i follow the instructions on other sites to install it(open cmd in the twrp image directory, check fastboot devices[i see mine], and send the command "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.5.1.A10-curtana-geoanto555.img") it looks like it worked, but when i try to actually go into the recovery(holding up on the volume as i boot up from a powered off phone), its still the normal redmi one.
Here's a screen shot of the cmd page.
9jeJfsj.png

The file transfer speed seems suspiciously fast for 130MB's.

This is starting from a freshly unlocked bootloader, still using the official rom, and with all the USB drivers installed(that i know of. I mean i get the positive jingle sound when i plug in the phone, while in fastboot)

edit- Forgot to mention, i'm running windows 10pro and curtana(48megapixel) with 6gb/128gb. Earliest revision.(I had been running the .eu rom, but when i tried to update it a couple weeks ago, it bootlooped, so i flashed the official rom, finding out only afterwards that it resets EVERYTHING in the phone, including locking the bootloader, so i'm trying to get it back to the .eu rom and TWRP again)

scott86, once you flash the .img you must first enter the recovery, if you let the system start it will overwrite the recovery stock.

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.5.1.A10-curtana-geoanto555.img

Then run:
Code:
fastboot boot twrp-3.5.1.A10-curtana-geoanto555.img

Or
Code:
fastboot reboot
press vol+ quickly.

Or
Code:
fastboot oem reboot-recovery

Or
Code:
fastboot reboot recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: Poney70
Code:
fastboot reboot
press vol+ quickly.

Thanks mauro25987, that did it. I didnt realize it needed to be booted direclty into it from that fastboot screne, for it to not get re-written.

Hello i have this problem (same problem as above thread) on Redmi Note 9S with OrangeFox 11.0 (i try other twrp but same problem) and MIUI V12.0.2.0.RJWEUXM, I can backup because i have error 255 but i can't see the content of the data/misc folder via twrp (I see inconsistencies, it is encrypted i think) to delete the folder and solve it.
what is the problem? please any help
I:Error adding file '/data/misc/DbHfvCx8sfeFjQeZEadC9C/REBbGucJ91VOn,7,WOn4ExA95DM' to '/external_sd/TWRP/BACKUPS/a5e4367a/2021-06-18--14-46-30/data.f2fs.win000'
Error creating backup.
I:ERROR tarList for thread ID 0
Error creating backup.
I:InfoManager saving '/external_sd/TWRP/BACKUPS/hjtt4367a/2021-06-18--14-46-30/data.info'
createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255
Backup Failed. Cleaning Backup Folder.

Last edited:

Hello i have this problem (same problem as above thread) on Redmi Note 9S with OrangeFox 11.0 (i try other twrp but same problem) and MIUI V12.0.2.0.RJWEUXM, I can backup because i have error 255 but i can't see the content of the data/misc folder via twrp (I see inconsistencies, it is encrypted i think) to delete the folder and solve it.
I:Error adding file '/data/misc/DbHfvCx8sfeFjQeZEadC9C/REBbGucJ91VOn,7,WOn4ExA95DM' to '/external_sd/TWRP/BACKUPS/a5e4367a/2021-06-18--14-46-30/data.f2fs.win000'
Error creating backup.
Error creating backup.
I:InfoManager saving '/external_sd/TWRP/BACKUPS/hjtt4367a/2021-06-18--14-46-30/data.info'
please check this FAQ from OrangeFox https://wiki.orangefox.tech/en/guides/backups
I remember I also encountered the same error because I immediately restore without rebooting after flashing stock ROM
for encrypted issue, i need to fastboot boot recovery.img instead of installing. i remember it's also mentioned in the FAQ of OrangeFox

Last edited:
Reactions: thanfun
@rbarat safety-fix magisk module causes bootloop on Redmi Note 9 Pro Global (joyeuse) stock ROM V12.0.1.0.RJZMIXM (Android 11)
is there any alternative solution?

Error creating backup.
Error creating backup.
my problem was solved with the latest version OrangeFox-curtana-stable
R11.1 here
(change log: Add support for MIUI 12.x Android 11 decryption)
(redmi note 9s, stock miui V12.0.2.0.RJWEUXM)

Reactions: Poney70
safetynet-fix-v1.2.0.zip was released 18 days ago, which did not exist when I posted my question on 21June and obviously not available in your first post on 21June.

After that I posted an update on 5July saying that new version of saftetynet-fix was available, but regretfully I didn't mention you in that post.

Appreciate the effort to ninja-edit your first post 15min ago, but also please check the date of my previous post before telling me to look at your first post.

safetynet-fix-v1.2.0.zip was released 18 days ago, which did not exist when I posted my question on 21June and obviously not available in your first post on 21June.

After that I posted an update on 5July saying that new version of saftetynet-fix was available, but regretfully I didn't mention you in that post.

Appreciate the effort to ninja-edit your first post 15min ago, but also please check the date of my previous post before telling me to look at your first post.
I don't understand what you're talking about. I wanted advice. I update the first post regularly when there is something new. And the link to Safetynetfix was there a long time ago. Yesterday I added only a link to the latest version safetynet-fix-v1.2.0.zip.
A general link to the author's site and older versions has been there for more than half a year.

Last edited:
33461-d9849b9da4b3abc298ea4e7de68a4e69.jpg

Orangefox recovery -> this is actually the best recovery!!!
-> Latest version "OrangeFox-miatoll-stable@R11.1_1.zip" from July 24th 2021
-> Download
-> Installation: Simply install downloaded ZIP file in old TWRP recovery

Link also in the 1st post.

Last edited:
In the first post I added instructions for installing Orangefox / TWRP using the "Fastboot toolkit"

I used to use it since it was released, but now it doesn't decrypt internal storage anymore. I'm on MIUI 14 EU (Redmi Note 9s "Curtana")

Reactions: pedro3ms