Twrp Problem With Encrypted Internal Storage

ZenXXII

Members
Nov 8, 2016
Hi guys! You may know me as they guy who wrote this guide:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...w-to-flash-xiaomi-eu-roms-on-your-mi5s.36132/

Well, this time I got my dad a Redmi PRO and I thought flashing the eu ROM would be as simple as doing the same thing I did with my Mi5s. But I keep hitting the wall when I try to use TWRP to flash the xiaomi eu ROM.

Apparently, based on what I can deduce, my device's internal storage is encrypted. So after researching on the net, I learned I should run "fastboot format userdata" via adb to resolve the problem, but doing so erases everything in the process including the xiaomi eu ROM I copied into the internal storage. With no OS to run on after reformatting, I am forced to use MiFlash to recover using the CN Stable ROM, which I can only guess, re-encrypts my internal storage. See the dilemma?

What should I do to remove the encryption of the internal storage whilst retaining the xiaomi eu ROM copy in my internal storage?

You should copy the EU ROM zip file on an external SD card and install it via TWRP recovery

Sent from my Redmi Pro