TWRP Recovery - can be installed with STOCK or CWM recovery

Kebuter

Members
Dec 1, 2013
quotation

TWRP features:
Full touch interface
Powerful backup/restore options (inc. NVRAM)
Build in Terminal and File Manager
Mass storage mode in recovery and separate partitions mount/unmount
Advanced wipe options
ADB enabled in recovery

HONGMI, MiTu is watching you!
054011j1bivaalze6rlmj6.jpg.thumb.jpg

Firstly wanna present you working TWRP recovery for Hongmi WCDMA (can work with TD, but i can't test)
025712qvodpveoozq22444.jpg.thumb.jpg
0257061w1771kycrh7cz5y.jpg.thumb.jpg

025657j6i09lfppnngzz0g.jpg.thumb.jpg

025646y6c60ka25o2pj2ak.jpg.thumb.jpg

Update Link !
[url]https://mega.co.nz/#!cABijCyY!V95qtxztwD_Gv7-JHeTaLzruUb02p9zr14bsbHBgu2k[/URL]

Last edited:
Good job and thanks for sharing.
Personally I'm not fan of this recovery. I rather the normal one.
I used this TwRP in my U8800 and didn't get used to it at all

Nandroid backup works ok for hongmi?

Στάλθηκε από το HTC One μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Yes it works. Im using it already.
Dear friend I Try to flash the file at stock Recovery to TD version. It seems that is installing normal way but after I reboot to recovery it returns to stock recovery again. Any suggestions??
Thanks

EDIT: I HAVE MY ANSWER AT ORIGINAL THREAD

Last edited:
Nandroid backup works ok for hongmi?
Στάλθηκε από το HTC One μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
thank god, it really does! i'm using twrp 2.5 and, after testing here and there around, i usually recover my wcdma hongmi in approx 170 secs (for a 1.2gb nandroid backup). so immensely helpful this recovery tool!

Reactions: gsisr
djesus I tremble when touching IMEI issues especially on a phone that we don't have a physical store to hand it for repairs if needed

If you want to avoid problems with ASSERT errors in flashing roms, use TWRP from here instead of this thread.
default.prop from this TWRP are not right.
You can flash this other TWRP with the TWRP of this thread.

If you change to this TWRP you don't see the backups of made by the TWRP of this thread in restore screen.
To solve this:
If you not made a backup with the other TWRP then you can rename the directory in /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/JY-G4_MT6589 to /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/2013023_MT6589.
or
If you made a new backup with the other TWRP you have to move the backups in /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/JY-G4_MT6589 to /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/2013023_MT6589

Now you see the old backups again if you go te restore.
(you can do this also inside TWRP with filemanager, using select button)

Last edited:
Reactions: pjovp
The recovery of the link you posted and the recovery from this thread are the same....
This thread is a repost of the thread of your link.
Am I'm understanding something wrong here?

The recovery of the link you posted and the recovery from this thread are the same....
This thread is a repost of the thread of your link.
Am I'm understanding something wrong here?

Originally it was a repost. Maybe the one on my link is changed later.

Yesterday it was not the same. The default.prop in the ramdisk of the recovery is different.
If you make a backup with the one of this thread you will see a backup dir JY-G4_MT6589.
If you make a backup with the one of the other link you will see a backup dir 2013023_MT6589.

Reactions: pjovp
Hummmm go it!

I have the TWRP recovery from the link of the 1st post and I have replaced it for the one in your link (http://en.miui.com/thread-13092-1-1.html).
Now finally I'm able to install the miuiandroid roms again.
Thank you very much for this information.

1st Post should be updated with correct details to avoid that others have issues by using a wrong TWRP!

1st Post should be updated with correct details to avoid that others have issues by using a wrong TWRP!
yup, the very first version was uploaded with a wrong default.prop (copied it from wrong folder at the build stage, im also working with some jiayu phones and some jiayu decompiled kernels are present at the same folder :) ), but i fixed it less then a hour after first upload. Unfortunately @Kebuter was one of the first testers and he uploaded the wrong version here. Sorry for such inconvinience, try to always use only original thread for download.

Reactions: p0neyto and pjovp
no problem.
I was going crazy for not being able to flash the miuiandroid rom and now all is solved.
Thanks for your works and participation

Can TWRP be installed via Mobileunce tools, extracted from zip and flashed that way?
My phone came with root and chinese recovery (and I can't read that). Used spflash to get stock recovery and rom and then flashed TWRP via original recovery. Now I'm wondering if there was a faster way to do it :)
Works great.