Twrp Recovery

thespacecat

Possible problems:
- Faulty or missing drivers
- bad USB cable
- wrong USB port (try USB 2.0 or USB-HUB)

After connecting the device in fastboot mode to the PC, do you see this information in the "PC Device Manager"?

Attachments

• Bez názvu.png
    Bez názvu.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 81
ok...seems tha the fastboot was intalled correctly now. Try to reboot in twrp using volume up and power button....the phone seems to reboot cyclically

So I had a weird TWRP installation. I installed the houji 3.7.1 variant on X14. And it worked without issues. Then I tried installing Xiaomi.eu. I got in but the install seemed off. Some things were not right I still had Chinese apps. Like the phone just reset the original OS partially. So I reinstalled TWRP just to be sure everything was alright. (Exact same img) this time TWRP couldn't decrypt. There was no lock set in the OS. So to get xiaomi.eu on it again to used the script with fastboot included in the zip. This time Xiaomi.eu worked like a charm. No issues. Expect that I still have the TWRP decrypt problem...
(Of course I formatted twice during this process).

Any ideas what went wrong?

So I had a weird TWRP installation. I installed the houji 3.7.1 variant on X14. And it worked without issues. Then I tried installing Xiaomi.eu. I got in but the install seemed off. Some things were not right I still had Chinese apps. Like the phone just reset the original OS partially. So I reinstalled TWRP just to be sure everything was alright. (Exact same img) this time TWRP couldn't decrypt. There was no lock set in the OS. So to get xiaomi.eu on it again to used the script with fastboot included in the zip. This time Xiaomi.eu worked like a charm. No issues. Expect that I still have the TWRP decrypt problem...
(Of course I formatted twice during this process).

Any ideas what went wrong?
Nothing went wrong, TWRP can't decrypt data on Xiaomi 14 series for now.

TWRP decrypt will never work with 14 series (and above)

Attachments

• photo_2024-02-20_10-34-24.jpg
    photo_2024-02-20_10-34-24.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: ceee89
TWRP decrypt will never work with 14 series (and above)
Very odd then, whatever my OS is working.
There are probably no other recoveries available for X14 which do work?
Is it recommend to go back to the stock recovery/fastboot. Or just stay with TWRP (fastboot)?
Thanks

Does data decryption work for you? When I enter my password in TWRP, it says password failed, please try again.

I'm on Xiaomi 14

Same for me, actually no data decryption.

Presumingly my mistake was: I just flashed TWRP by
fastboot flash recovery_ab recovery.img
without any data format afterwards.

...assuming that my followup clean Fastboot install "first_install_with_data_format" would perform any formatting needed?!
(which obviously was not the case. )

Will I from now in stuck to the fastboot update method forever, or do you see any chance that I can recover my decryption fail done before?

Could it be an (inconvinient) option to start from scratch, by following this guide for "A/B rec" variants installation?!
with data format afterwards - expecting a loss of my current data (all Apps/configurations/personal data etc)?

Thanks a lot from the
Borg (collective ;)

Xiaomi 14 EEA
ROM: xiaomi.eu_multi_HOUJI_OS1.0.31.0.UNCCNXM_os1-14.zip
TWRP: twrp-3.7.1_12-v8.6_A14-houji-skkk.img
(password for data decryption fails, as mentioned above )

Last edited: