Twrp Recovery

It's not your fault or a mistake when installing TWRP.
As written by TWRP developer skkk, the XM 14 series cannot yet get decryption working in TWRP. It's a bug in TWRP:

Current recovery doesn't decrypt data, so it's "fine". TWRP doesn't yet support newer security mechanisms implemented in Xiaomi 14 series.

Thank you both for your fast reply, especially because you already wrote about that XM14 issue before. :emoji_pray:

One more thought on that, just to make sure that there's no misunderstanding:
TWRP seems to be unable to decrypt a partition in the aftermath to an persisting partition/installation, ok seems to be common sense, check. :emoji_ok_hand:

Assumption:
What if I use the script [AB-rec]_install_twrp.bat from the guide mentioned before, in order to

1. to bring TWRP in place (flash recovery_ab), and afterwards
2. do the data formatting within that TWRP - assuming that this TWRP then should be able to decrypt it's own data partition?
3. After this process trying to flash a ROM file using this TWRP (admitting that I've no idea how to get the needed ROM file in access of this TWRP, as I formatted it's own data just before :emoji_thinking::emoji_thinking:)

=> Or is all this rubbish, and all we have to do is simply wait for an updated TWRP, which may be able to decrypt data on XM14 sometimes in future? :emoji_spider_web::emoji_spider_web::emoji_spider::emoji_rolling_eyes::emoji_zzz:

Last edited:
The script "[AB-rec]_install_twrp.bat" executes the same command as (flash recovery_ab).
No circus tricks will help you. It's simple - TWRP for XM 14 series cannot decrypt the data partition.

You have only two options to install the ROM_
- Installation via fastboot
- Installation in TWRP via OTG-USB

Reactions: Borg666
The script "[AB-rec]_install_twrp.bat" executes the same command as (flash recovery_ab).
No circus tricks will help you. It's simple - TWRP for XM 14 series cannot decrypt the data partition.

You have only two options to install the ROM_
- Installation via fastboot
- Installation in TWRP via OTG-USB

Thank you for your clarification, that this issue at least isn't on me. :emoji_sweat_smile:

Do you expect a TWRP release in future, which magically will be able to decrypt in the aftermath?
Or can this never happen due to new technical restrictions with our XM14? :emoji_thinking:
(sorry for not letting up on this ;))

Last edited:
@Borg666 Gogocar62 and Kacper Skrzpek said twice in this page that it may be solved in the future (Keep in mind this in not a TWRP development forum)

Reactions: Borg666
Okay, hopefully I find someone wiser than me....
I have a Mi 14 Pro CN Version - Bootloader unlocked with NCUnlock (for $85 :rolleyes:)
- I did a factory reset and a clean data.
- Then I flashed the TWRP-3.7.1_12-v8.6_A14-shennong in fastboot mode (both Partitions A/B)
- Then I transferred the newest dev Rom HyperOS 1.0 24.3.18
- And installed it via TWRP
- Next I wanted to root my device
- so I copied over the ROM file to my Mi 14 Pro,
- extracted the boot image and patched it with the latest Magisk canary version
- then copied the patched file back to PC
- Into fastboot and then copied patched boot image onto both Partitions A/B
- Then reboot into system and start Magisk to complete the installation...
- But when I open it, then it doesn't show root on the system, just the installed app.

- So I tried to install the magisk,zip via TWRP and tadaaaaa "ass ****ed" because TRWP doesn't decrypt my partitions..

So I don't have root right now,
because the fastboot method somehow fails
and the TRWP method won't work until the mighty devs have solved the decryption issue :confused:

So I have two questions...
First, are my partitions encrypted in every scenario (like without Password or Display Lock), because then would TWRP become pretty useless until updated.

And my second question: Has anyone any idea what I may have missed getting Magisk working?

Any help on this issue would be highly appreciated.
The only thing I could try is to wipe my device (I already copied 100 GB of personal data and App backups :rolleyes:)
And install the ROM via fastboot this time and doing the magisk install also via fastboot while I don't install TWRP Recovery?

I hope I could express my problem and myself properly