twrp VOL_UP with Power button not working

toxiq

Members
May 14, 2016
I could unlock the bootloader today and then put twrp_3.2.3.0 on phone with fastboot, then fastboot boot twrp.img to boot into recovery mode, flashed latest eu rom. Everything seems to be working after a restart..
But if I want to go to twrp recovery mode using VOL_UP and Power button, the device will continue restart. When I release the power button the phone will just start up?

Are there people around with twrp_3.2.3.0 who can get into recovery mode with the VOL_UP and Power button?

the same thing happened to me until I installed:

Redwolf Recovery Project TWRP

@ Pertti Kosunen, There was a 8.8.3 global installed when I bought it when I am correct. I have checked ARB and that is ARB = 3.
What I did the following:
downloaded from twrp version 3.2.3.0 for whyred

started phone in fastboot after unlock
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
I found on the internet to restart phone with VOL_UP + POWER, this didn't worked so I did:
fastboot boot twrp.img
flashed xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote5Pro_8.8.16_v10-8.1
rebooted phone.

when VOL_UP + POWER didn't worked I reflashed TWRP
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img
booted the phone from twrp shutdown phone and then started with VOL_UP + POWER which gave me only MI logo but no twrp

@Japr99
found the project, can I recover with a backup made with twrp 3.2.3.0? or do I loose them?

@Japr99
Did installed latest redwolf version (27 and after test as below beta 28)

install redwolf with twrp
reboot recovery
reboot into system
shutdown phone

VOL_UP + POWER = no redwolf
VOL_UP + power till logo = no redwolf
VOL_UP + VOL_Down + POWER = no redwolf
VOL_UP + VOL_Down + POWER till logo = no redwolf

I see same with red wolf as with twrp

Hi, I have the same problem. After I install TWRP via Fastboot and the ROM Xiaomi.eu. When I restart the Note 5 the tarp will be eliminate and there is a Xiaomi's recovery stock. Why??

Hi, I have the same problem. After I install TWRP via Fastboot and the ROM Xiaomi.eu. When I restart the Note 5 the tarp will be eliminate and there is a Xiaomi's recovery stock. Why??

Did you after flashing twrp, reboot in recovery first?

Seems you forgot wipe and format data. Install TWRP, reboot into TWRP, format data, reboot into TWRP, wipe data, reboot intoTWRP, install ROM, wipe cache & dalvik, reboot into system

@Japr99
Did installed latest redwolf version (27 and after test as below beta 28)

install redwolf with twrp
reboot recovery
reboot into system
shutdown phone

VOL_UP + POWER = no redwolf
VOL_UP + power till logo = no redwolf
VOL_UP + VOL_Down + POWER = no redwolf
VOL_UP + VOL_Down + POWER till logo = no redwolf

I see same with red wolf as with twrp

Try to enter the twrp by the application update, 3 points, restart in recovery mode, and reinstall the twrp from it, it can be a solution.