Twrp With Encrypted Data Partition

mcHammer T

Members
Aug 4, 2016
I am going to encrypted my phone. But before doing that, I am finding out if TWRP supports decryption of the file system partitions ?

I read that some older version of TWRP, even though it prompts for passphrase, but the decryption actually is not working. Has this been fixed for Mi Max/Prime ?

I am going to encrypted my phone. But before doing that, I am finding out if TWRP supports decryption of the file system partitions ?

I read that some older version of TWRP, even though it prompts for passphrase, but the decryption actually is not working. Has this been fixed for Mi Max/Prime ?
I have gone ahead to encrypt my phone and after that TWRP still able to read my data partition without me entering any password.

However, when I go into setting->privacy, the previously there is an item 'encrypt phone' is now replaced by 'encrypt device with lock screen password'.

I am quite confused with these options.

What is 'encrypt phone' and what is 'encrypt device with lock screen password' ?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Actually many TWRP NOT WORKING GOOD CONCERNING DECRYPT.. I TRIED MANY OF THEM ALL CANNOT DECRYPT THE DEVICE EXCEPT THIS ONE

(10-14-2017)twrp_v311-2_hydrogen-helium_nijel8-MOD_A7.1.2.img… GOOGLE IT .. THIS IS THE ONE I USE NOW