TWRP, Xiaomi.eu, Lineage, magisk

Kallisti

Members
Sep 7, 2018
I'm completely lost again. Decided to have another go at getting Android Pay working on my (accidentally bought) Chinese Mix Mix 2s.

I enable developer mode, go into config and turned on debug over USB

So, turned off, held power and vol- and got into a picture of a rabbit wearing a hat with a red star and tinkering with the android robot - fastboot.

On my USB3, windows 10 cabled linked PC, I open CMD and type: fastboot devices - response is, "fca4d47d fastboot".

So I download TWRP and type fastboot flash recovery twrp.img and it says nothing. Left it 10 mins, and still nothing...

Any clue?

I'm also struggling to understand the relationship between MIUI, Xiaomi.eu and LineageOS, Pixel Experience etc...? But not managing to get that far yet!

so is the TWRP img file in the same folder as the fastboot file? Mine is called twrp-3.3.0-0-polaris.img.

Yes, mine was just called twrp.img - it was in a zip called TWRP_polaris.zip.

I remember the old version having more to the filename... Did I get the wrong file?

I had the same problem with a wrong TWRP, are you using the official one?

About your other question:

MIUI: It's an OS based in Android, It's xiaomi official software for its devices (except the xiaomi A serie)
Xiaomi.eu: It's a ROM, a modification of chinesse MIUI, with more features and bloatware free.
LineageOS: A ROM based on android stock, no MIUI
Pixel Experience: A ROM based on android stock similar to the software of google's pixel phone.

Before unlocking your device and flashing a custom rom you should know the basics, there are a lot of information in youtube.

Hello,
I had same issue and seems that it's common problem for adb (with more devices, not only mimix2s or xiaomi)
Just try different usb ports, the best are USB2 ports if You have any. On some computers You can alter USB in BIOS for compatibility mode. On my computer (where I have only usb3) none of port worked, but I connected phone via usb hub from my first lcd monitor (17yr old!) and then it worked!

BTW: with usb problems You will get other strange messages like checksum failed, timeouts, stuck uploads etc. Some adb versions produces different messages, I checked about 6 of them and all failed with usb3.