TWRP

Please I really love EU rom but am stuck with this useless chinese rom on k30. Waiting for new rom this week. I pray coronavirus dont hold it

I have installed TWRP on my K30. The installer won't download the stable version V11.0.15.0.QGHCNXM, so I have downloaded the update file manually. But also the installer is nog working. How can I manually install the update via TWRP?

I have installed TWRP on my K30. The installer won't download the stable version V11.0.15.0.QGHCNXM, so I have downloaded the update file manually. But also the installer is nog working. How can I manually install the update via TWRP?

TWRP-3.4.0B-0209 for older roms like you mentioned V11.0.15.0.QGHCNXM.

Any futher updates than 11.0.15.0 must use the newest recovery and recommend flashing it through fastboot, then update to any newer ROM than the one mentioned.

Edit!

Forgot to mention that I have k30 5G, you have to find out which TWRP version is suitable for your desired ROM version.

If TWRP became white, means the ROM is newer than TWRP
And if TWRP wont boot or got other behavior, means TWRP is newer than ROM version.

Better have the right combination if you plan to stay with the ROM you happy with.

Last edited:
Reactions: sibehsong
Problem was that the updater is not working at K30 PRO. Not even after the installation of the last TWRK version. I have now manually updated the K30 via TWRK. The phone is now updated again and everything is working properly.

Reactions: SpardaTLDK
Forgot to mention that I have k30 5G, you have to find out which TWRP version is suitable for your desired ROM version.

If TWRP became white, means the ROM is newer than TWRP
And if TWRP wont boot or got other behavior, means TWRP is newer than ROM version.

Better have the right combination if you plan to stay with the ROM you happy with.

Thank you SpardaTLDK for this very informative headsup. This info would help me avoid the highlighted potential pitfalls.

As I am very new here (in fact K30 is my first Xiaomi device), may I take this opportunity to ask a few questions seeking yours and the experts' advises in this forum.

1) The TWRP linked in this thread is from the Chinese LR team as apparent by the splash screen and also named by its developer "wzsx150". Do we know if the fixes/changes the developers made have their sources open to public or has Xiaomi.eu project teams vetted through the updated code? Reason for asking is because the Team Win posted advisory awhile back against such unofficial TWRP and for us to consider our security before using. Reference: https://twrp.me/unofficial/2020/05/01/unofficial-twrp.html

2) Given the unknown security state of the unofficial TWRP build, I am reluctant to use it given the lack of info on my side, and as such am inclined to use the earlier "fastboot installation script" to flash EU ROM, however I have downloaded both stable and weekly zip files but could not find the .bat files. Appreciate if someone is kind enough to point me to it.

3) May I also ask about the implication with ARB which is my secondary concern fearing I might brick the device if I chose the versions wrongly. Appreciate if someone could confirm if my understanding of these scenario are correct:
(i) My K30 is currently on CN stock ROM "V11.0.13.0.QGHCNXM", if I flashed the Weekly "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK30_20.7.2_v12-10", ARB will not be triggered, am I right?
(ii) If later on I were to move from Weekly to Stable "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK30_V12.0.3.0.QGHCNXM_v12-10.zip“, ARB will be triggered? But as long as I do not relock BL, my device though triggered ARB would still be fine and won't brick?
(iii) If lets assume month later should I decide to move from EU ROM Stable "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK30_V12.0.3.0.QGHCNXM_v12-10.zip“ back to CN Stock ROM same version "V12.0.3.0.QGHCNXM", ARB will not be triggered? But if I flash with MI Flash tool with "clean all and lock" option to go back fully to stock, will this locking of BL brick the device as previously in (ii) ARB has been triggered before.

Just wanted to be clear what my fallback options are.

Many thanks for any kind advice!