New [UMI 21.2.3] No audio after freeze

ciccios27

Members
Jan 16, 2021
Hi everybody,
Since last 3-4 builds, sometimes (about once a day) the smartphone freezes for 5-10 seconds and when it starts working again the audio no longer works until reboot. I made a logcat with adb. The freeze happened on 02-13 00:31/00:32 and I recorded phone activities for another 6 minutes using music apps like spotify that played music without sound at 00:37/00:38.

Log's Gdrive Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YAa4fT0H-mXbpBkDvQsmHyRTE6Y-b_8J/view

Thanks for your work.

Last edited:
Hi everybody,
Since last 3-4 builds, sometimes (about once a day) the smartphone freezes for 5-10 seconds and when it starts working again the audio no longer works until reboot. I made a logcat with adb. The freeze happened on 02-13 00:31/00:32 and I recorded phone activities for another 6 minutes using music apps like spotify that played music without sound at 00:37/00:38.

Log's Gdrive Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YAa4fT0H-mXbpBkDvQsmHyRTE6Y-b_8J/view

Thanks for your work.
I have the same problem and I have a poco f2 pro... When this happen I can't listen calls and I need to reboot it...

Enviado do meu Redmi K30 Pro através do Tapatalk

Same thing happening to me (or very similar - I don't notice any freeze, but it might just be because it freezes while I'm not using it). I was unable to find any Google search result related to this, so I opened a new thread: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/poco-f2-pro-redmi-k30-pro-audio-suddenly-stops-working.60115/

But apparently after only a few minutes, I found this thread. Hoping we get noticed by some developer who can help us fix this!

PS: Did anyone of you notice that the microphone is not working also, or is it just the speaker?

Mic also stops. When this issue occurs I'm unable to send audios in WhatsApp.

Today i realised that this issue occurred exactly 13:30 Brazilian time (GMT - 3). OP also mentioned that issue occurred to him at an hour and a half.

I don't know yet! I am still observing. My post referred to 21.2.3. I received a call, but couldn't hear anything, at the opposite end the same. Interrupted and reestablished the call, still the same. Got another call from a different person, the same again. Rebooted phone, called back the last one, no problems any more.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi K30 Pro mit Tapatalk

Reactions: bugnug80
I think it's fixed. Works very well with last nightly.

I have this bug again after a few days :/

i have the same problem for at least 3 builds ...

Plus two times out of three, when I reboot it takes at least 5 minutes ...

First it turns, turns, turns ... to switch off, then it stays a bit on the Poco logo, MIUI animation ...

And instead of the lockscreen it restarts again ....

This happens on 2 Poco f2 Pro, mine and my girlfriend's

Has anyone solved it by doing a factory reset?

@emap85

Have never had this long lasting reboot problem with my F2 and only once this disappearing sound issue. But I've another: Since 21.2.4, charging the battery is extremely long lasting... With original Turbo Charger more than 2 hours, even if the device is switched off. With standard charger (no quick charging stuff whatever) it charges that incredibly long that it's unbearable.

this is a really REALLY critical bug! imagine having to make an emergency call and your audio is not working. imagine needing an ambulance or having someone threatening you in your house. I'm upset that no one from the staff said anything yet about this.
Because this is not something we can fix... try disabling Voice Match, see if it helps, might be related somehow.

i have the same problem for at least 3 builds ...

Plus two times out of three, when I reboot it takes at least 5 minutes ...

First it turns, turns, turns ... to switch off, then it stays a bit on the Poco logo, MIUI animation ...

And instead of the lockscreen it restarts again ....

This happens on 2 Poco f2 Pro, mine and my girlfriend's

Has anyone solved it by doing a factory reset?
This has been happening with my UMI device

Regarding the long boots - Have you tried a factory reset? or cleared the Dalvik and cache, and deleted the data/system/package_cache folder?
Someone else reported that the long boots were sorted by deleting the package_cache folder.

I appreciate the response. Unfortunately, Voice Match was already disabled, and as @emap85 stated, it makes no difference.
I reported it here because the phone was on global MIUI before and never had this issue; it started appearing with the latest Xiaomi.eu ROMs and that's where I got suspicious that the issue could be related to some of the changes you (the Xiaomi.eu team) made to the original ROM. (I am not OP but I made a similar thread before finding this one out).
If you have no idea or way to investigate, and you're sure this problem comes from the Chinese ROM, then I guess we'll have to switch back to the ugly and bug-filled global... And wait until an official fix is out. :(
I haven't encountered that problem on my Mi 10, so I got nothing to say on the matter.
Comparing to Global ROM (old code) is irrelevant.

Well, the audio "freezing" only occurred once on my Mi 10, when I was switching audio outputs e.g. from a Bluetooth device to speaker (It happened when I was on 21.2.3 weekly build). Ever since I rebooted my device, I've never encountered this issue.

Well, the audio "freezing" only occurred once on my Mi 10, when I was switching audio outputs e.g. from a Bluetooth device to speaker (It happened when I was on 21.2.3 weekly build). Ever since I rebooted my device, I've never encountered this issue.
Same here. Happened only once with 21.2.3 and with recent build has not occurred yet (lmi).