Unable to connect to PC via USB

BolotoF

Members
Oct 12, 2018
Hi guys,

I don't know why, but I can't connect my Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 to any of my laptop/desktop via USB to transfer files, and I tried different solutions: install Qualcomm and Google drivers; activate debug mode and default USB settings. When I connect, it starts charging but that's all that happens.
Any of you has a solution to this? I'm getting tired of this "small" problems, and I would like to unlock the bootloader, so I can install the Xiaomi.EU ROM.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Right here..
97384c6a0993a3cabdb6a167aeb36618.jpg

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
Yes, that was one of the first things I did. In a different layout, but the same setting. Don't know what can I do, really... :/
Btw, that configuration doesn't show up when I connect the phone to my laptop. I guess that now in MIUI11 you can only change it on the settings menu.

Another method to connect your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 to PC is through WiFi.Download MobiKin Assistant for Android on PC and choose the option of Connect via WiFi.Then you can connect your device to PC without USB and it enables you to transfer files between device and PC.

Yes, that was one of the first things I did. In a different layout, but the same setting. Don't know what can I do, really... :/
Btw, that configuration doesn't show up when I connect the phone to my laptop. I guess that now in MIUI11 you can only change it on the settings menu.
View attachment 27631

Hi Guys,

I am facing the same issue.

I can charge my phone on PC but PC cannot see it for file transfer regardless if the USB configuration is on File Transfer option (setting configured from developer settings). As a matter of fact also when i connect the USB cable I don't receive the initial notification which you can choose between File Transfer, Photo Transfer or just charge.

Has anyone manage to find any solution to this?

At least if its a software or hardware issue?

I have recently updated my miui to 11.0.6 global stable.

Best regards,

Chris

Hi Guys,

I am facing the same issue.

I can charge my phone on PC but PC cannot see it for file transfer regardless if the USB configuration is on File Transfer option (setting configured from developer settings). As a matter of fact also when i connect the USB cable I don't receive the initial notification which you can choose between File Transfer, Photo Transfer or just charge.

Has anyone manage to find any solution to this?

At least if its a software or hardware issue?

I have recently updated my miui to 11.0.6 global stable.

Best regards,

Chris
IF you ever found the solution then please share with us.
I am one of many with this problem

Hello,

unfortunately this kind of problem persists,

I have it already 2 months and my Xiaomi phone cannot recognize the PC connection on Win10 or Ububtu OS

Do you have any other solutions except those cited above?

Same here even reset my phone to Factory Settings but no problem still exist can't connect to pc Windows or Linux (in 2 separated pc's ) with 2 OSes on each miui12 /android 10 factory nothing extra added or custom.

Hello,

unfortunately this kind of problem persists,

I have it already 2 months and my Xiaomi phone cannot recognize the PC connection on Win10 or Ububtu OS

Do you have any other solutions except those cited above?
Go to BIOS settings, under the usb settings there should be a setting called XHCI Hand-off, make sure it is enabled.
And your good to go!