Unable To Flash Twrp

Kriscka

Members
Mar 23, 2016
Hi everyone,

I need your help, I bought a Mi5s Plus on chinadroid.fr which arrived with a custom rom of MIUI and I wanna change for the xiaomi.eu version so I unlocked it, and tried to flash TWRP by these command lines :

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp(xxxxxxx).img

and it seems to work as I get no error and it says something like "okay, done in XXms". But when I restart my phone and reboot to recovery, I get the factory one back. I read that it's normal as right after I flashed TWRP, I'd have to unplug the smartphone, and turn it off, because "if the smartphone restarts, it'll erase TWRP and go back to the factory recovery. Problem is when I press the power button, it restarts itself instead turing itself off.

So after several tries, I'm still far from being able to flash the xiaomi.eu rom. Got any idea ?

Thanks !

Your adb commands should look something like this depending on your TWRP filename.

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery cofface_recovery_mi5s.img

fastboot boot cofface_recovery_mi5s.img

The last command boots you into TWRP automatically.

Thanks guys, I'll try this at home tonight, keep you in touch !

P.S: What are the Cofface versions ? I downloaded the one from the forum so I'm guessing it should work just fine...

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I'll try this at home tonight, keep you in touch !

P.S: What are the Cofface versions ? I downloaded the one from the forum so I'm guessing it should work just fine...

Just use the correct TWRP for your device.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I did it guys ! The tutos I followed didn't go into details enough. I managed to flash the xiaomi.eu rom so everything's alright !

Reactions: Morvarid
I managed to install EU rom, rebooting directly from fastboot (after installing twrp) to recovery, pressing vol+&power. I went from global stable to global weekly, and from then to EU weekly without formating data, only caché and dalvik, everything seems fine.

My twrp is in chinese, but knowing wich buttons i need to press, is not big deal.

I managed to install EU rom, rebooting directly from fastboot (after installing twrp) to recovery, pressing vol+&power. I went from global stable to global weekly, and from then to EU weekly without formating data, only caché and dalvik, everything seems fine.

My twrp is in chinese, but knowing wich buttons i need to press, is not big deal.
how to change language in twrp from chinese to english.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk