Unable to format data (decryption problem)

LaurentiuCTN

Members
Apr 9, 2017
Hi guys,

I have K30 Pro Zoom Edition (lmi) with TWRP 3.4.2b 1206 from LR Team and I am unable to format data after I flash any miui 12 with Android 11 firmware.
The error I have is because the Data partition cannot be decrypted, even I put the right password.
How can I get out of this problem?

Many thanks.
Sorry for tagging you @ingbrzy and @Igor Eisberg, but I know that you are the best persons to ask for a good answer.

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I have K30 Pro Zoom Edition (lmi) with TWRP 3.4.2b 1206 from LR Team and I am unable to format data after I flash any miui 12 with Android 11 firmware.
The error I have is because the Data partition cannot be decrypted, even I put the right password.
How can I get out of this problem?

Many thanks.
Sorry for tagging you @ingbrzy and @Igor Eisberg, but I know that you are the best persons to ask for a good answer.

Try another twrp

Perhaps use from fastboot
# fastboot boot twrp_yourimagename.img

Perhaps use pattern instead of pin

Try another twrp

Perhaps use from fastboot
# fastboot boot twrp_yourimagename.img

Perhaps use pattern instead of pin
I tried... But the decryption still doesn't work

What did you try and what is the issue ? Without details nobody can help you….
If I want to decrypt data, after I enter the password, I get the error message saying that the password is wrong and couldn't decrypt data. If I press on cancel and enter the twrp menu, my data is not mounted and I cannot even format the data partition

If I want to decrypt data, after I enter the password, I get the error message saying that the password is wrong and couldn't decrypt data. If I press on cancel and enter the twrp menu, my data is not mounted and I cannot even format the data partition

Have you tried disabling your password and PIN and any security stuff before format data?