Unable to go back to Xiaomi.eu ROM after Magisk misadventure

GiacoAV

Members
May 20, 2020
Hey guys,
Went into a huge misadventure after upgrading to this weekly update (From a clean flash) and trying to install Magisk 21...
I ended up on with a Mi9T always booting to fastboot...
I than had to reinstall the global rom via MiFlash, which worked

But every time i tried flashing Xiaomi.eu again, on which ever recovery (Tried both TWRP and OrangeFox, with four different versions), clean or dirty flash, weekly or stable, it always ends with two reboots of the Mi logo and a land on the recovery, with an sdcard filled with folders with random numbers and letters, like if it was encrypted but not detected by TWRP nor OrangeFox...

I'm lost guys... I tried a lot of solutions but so far none has worked, I always end up on this weird encryption/stuck in recovery issue...
All of this for Magisk :-'(

Any chance some remaining files related to Magisk are still on the storage ? Even after all those fastboot flashes ?
I saw an "EraseAll" checkbox in MiFlash's configuration window, could someone experienced with the software tell me if this could do it ?

Help me please
I'm currently on MIUI Global Stable

So, tried once more to get back to Xiaomi.eu and the update was completed correctly this time (OrangeFox indicates that I'm on MIUI 20.10.22), no weirdly encrypted sdcard folder !
Still have the bootloop to recovery though... Is there any way to fix the boot ?

Wiping data, cache and dalvik doesn't do it
Tried flashing 20.9.17, same issue

I really need help from some tinkering experts... I really hope I haven't bricked my phone...

Here's the recovery log : https://pastebin.com/qEv0cw2y

So, tried once more to get back to Xiaomi.eu and the update was completed correctly this time (OrangeFox indicates that I'm on MIUI 20.10.22), no weirdly encrypted sdcard folder !
Still have the bootloop to recovery though... Is there any way to fix the boot ?

Wiping data, cache and dalvik doesn't do it
Tried flashing 20.9.17, same issue

I really need help from some tinkering experts... I really hope I haven't bricked my phone...

Here's the recovery log : https://pastebin.com/qEv0cw2y
You should test when in Miflash to make "flash all" (but not relock bootloader!)
this will clean potential encryption remaining trace.
That's the simplest way to restart from good basis.
TWRP I have, 3.3.2b-0428, did the job perfectly.

"this weekly update" = 20.10.22 I guess???

You forgot one IMPORTANT thing if you want to install xiaomi.eu ROM from Official ROM (for the first time) => "FORMAT DATA" (that's not "Wipe /data", it's "Wipe" menu > "Format Data" button and you have to type "yes" to confirm it). ;)

After that, you generally need to reboot in TWRP to allow to use MTP (=transfert files between your phone and your PC) => "Reboot" menu > "Recovery".

Now copy the xiaomi.eu ROM on your device and install it. Done! :)

EDIT: If you want to install Magisk again, install this Magisk version first => Magisk_11.zip THEN install Magisk v21.0 directly after. It should work.

You should test when in Miflash to make "flash all" (but not relock bootloader!)
this will clean potential encryption remaining trace.
That's the simplest way to restart from good basis.
TWRP I have, 3.3.2b-0428, did the job perfectly.
Thanks for trying to help, but I've already done that a thousand times, and yeah it gets me to the global stable ROM without issues, but the problem comes when it"s time to upgrade to Xiaomi.EU ROM, this time I have no encryption problem, but i can't get past the Mi Logo, i get right back to TWRP

"this weekly update" = 20.10.22 I guess???

You forgot one IMPORTANT thing if you want to install xiaomi.eu ROM from Official ROM (for the first time) => "FORMAT DATA" (that's not "Wipe /data", it's "Wipe" menu > "Format Data" button and you have to type "yes" to confirm it). ;)

After that, you generally need to reboot in TWRP to allow to use MTP (=transfert files between your phone and your PC) => "Reboot" menu > "Recovery".

Now copy the xiaomi.eu ROM on your device and install it. Done! :)

EDIT: If you want to install Magisk again, install this Magisk version first => Magisk_11.zip THEN install Magisk v21.0 directly after. It should work.
That's what i do, everytime, and it doesn't change anything

IT'S ALIIIVE!
Thanks to an absolute mad man named @strumbol !

For those experiencing the same issue here's the solution :
TWRP and/or OrangeFox are apparently wiping /data/media instead of the whole /data/ folder, so what you have to do is to manually erase the content of the /data/ folder/
You will of course lose all of your data at that moment, but hey ! Your phone starts up xD

Thanks a lot for everyone who helped and offered solutions !
Hope this will be useful for some people in the future

IT'S ALIIIVE!
Thanks to an absolute mad man named @strumbol !

For those experiencing the same issue here's the solution :
TWRP and/or OrangeFox are apparently wiping /data/media instead of the whole /data/ folder, so what you have to do is to manually erase the content of the /data/ folder/
You will of course lose all of your data at that moment, but hey ! Your phone starts up xD

Thanks a lot for everyone who helped and offered solutions !
Hope this will be useful for some people in the future
Perfect!
But we can't imagine you were on stock rom the first time.

Hey guys,
Went into a huge misadventure after upgrading to this weekly update (From a clean flash) and trying to install Magisk 21...
I ended up on with a Mi9T always booting to fastboot...
I than had to reinstall the global rom via MiFlash, which worked

But every time i tried flashing Xiaomi.eu again, on which ever recovery (Tried both TWRP and OrangeFox, with four different versions), clean or dirty flash, weekly or stable, it always ends with two reboots of the Mi logo and a land on the recovery, with an sdcard filled with folders with random numbers and letters, like if it was encrypted but not detected by TWRP nor OrangeFox...

I'm lost guys... I tried a lot of solutions but so far none has worked, I always end up on this weird encryption/stuck in recovery issue...
All of this for Magisk :-'(

Any chance some remaining files related to Magisk are still on the storage ? Even after all those fastboot flashes ?
I saw an "EraseAll" checkbox in MiFlash's configuration window, could someone experienced with the software tell me if this could do it ?

Help me please
I'm currently on MIUI Global Stable
Before magisk 21 you have to install magiskR,otherwise always boot in fastboot mode

Reactions: Poney70