Resolved "Unfortunately, Permission Manager has stopped." over and over again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendann

Members
Jul 14, 2012
So the story is, i was using the browser with the phone tilted sideways, and it locked.
I pressed the unlock button but the unlock screen was large and zoomed in so i couldn't unlock it.
I then restarted my phone which would get stuck in a loop between the HTC screen and the MIUI screen.
After leaving it for long enough, the actual phone interface starts up with the message box "Unfortunately, Permission Manager has stopped." every time i close the notification.

I am also unable to access the Permissions Manager.

I've tried rebooting in to recovery, wiping the cache and the other thing (i forgot what its called, sat vich??), then reinstalling MIUI but i still get this problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

I use the HTC Desire HD
Android version: 4.0.4
Baseband version: 12.39a.60.19U_26.06.06.30_M
Kernel version: 2.6.35.14-aospX-creamed_coconut
Build number: MIUI-206080

This is what I did last week and still works...:
  1. Install SuperSU
  2. Run it and Permission Manager will FC
  3. Close SuperSU
  4. Go to permission Manager and allow SuperSU
  5. Open SuperSU and it should update su binaries and work afterwards
I hope it works for you, too :)

Thanks, i'll give it a shot now.

It's a real pain navigating around my phone with it popping up with every move i make..

By FC, you mean force close?

I've installed SuperSU, and when i run it, i still get the same error message popping up.
I get the option to update the SU binary and when i click continue, it says "Installation failed!"
Even after this, i still can't open permission manager.

yes, I wrote FC but I meant the message saying it has stopped.
You may need to reboot to be sure permission manager and superSU are not running (or kill them manually).
Once you open Permission manager you'll see a rule for SuperSU, edit it to allow getting root access.
After that, it should work... At least it worked for me...

I've rebooted, opened SuperSU, closed it, then tried to open permission manager but still can't.

I've killed the SuperSU service manually, but i can't kill permission manager as it's always on "Restarting" so even if i do kill it, it just reopens and i keep getting the same error..

Thanks for your help anyway, appreciate it.

Anyone else? :( My phone is basically inoperable like this and the thing i can do is receive calls..

Awesome that thread directly addresses my issue haha.

I'm on MIUI 2.6.8

I've left my phone on the whole day (from the morning when it was bootlooping), then came home now and it's on and working fine lol.

Very strange, the notification doesn't pop up anymore.

Do you think i should still follow various steps in that thread anyway?

Damn it......... I restarted my phone wanting to make a backup because my phone was working fine, made a back up, and now it's stuck in the stupid boot loop again..

Any suggestions seeing as i'm on 2.6.8?

I had to break my head over the same issue. Was getting the same error "Unfortunately, Permission Manager has stopped." whenever I tried fixing permissions or reboot to recovery using ROM manager or GOOManager. The solution is simple. Open Permissions Manager(there is an app shortcut on home page of MIUI) , select the ROM Manager or GOOManager application and change permissions to "Allow" instead of "Ask" or "Deny". That solved the issue.
Rebooted into recovery and roll back the MIUI update which was causing this issue.

If people are still getting this they are on a port that never fixed it or a an outdated ROM.

This was a simple LBE_SEC string that should of read $s instead of $d. It was trying to parse Strings as Ints. (hint error)

Status
Not open for further replies.