Unified Storage

My question is: will it be "for ever"? Or if I flash another ROM I will lose this kind of partition?

Did you read last paragraph? It only works on MIUI6 5.4.24 or higher. If you install any other ROM, partitions won't get touched, but they won't work because when trying to mount partitions that don't exist they'll fail.

Did you read last paragraph? It only works on MIUI6 5.4.24 or higher. If you install any other ROM, partitions won't get touched, but they won't work because when trying to mount partitions that don't exist they'll fail.
I read, I meant like this could be flashed only on MIUI 5.4.24 or higher but the partition would stay modified, not like you explained now, stay easy :)

No problem, I haven't explained much because everything is well detailed on MIUI forums

I did it and it works great with Miui 6. The storage really is unified, I'm kinda proud of Xiaomi doing us this favour. But after unifying the storage I installed Ivan's AOSP 5.1 Rom but now it doesn't recognize the storage as unified but as internal only so I'm not able to transfer any data to my phone anymore because it's reserved for apps only... :| I'm not sure wether it's a specific problem of Ivan's Rom or not, but I think so... I hope he provides an update asap... Don't know if there is any way to go back to normal partitions?

This workaround is awesome! It was much needed. It is supposed to work on MIUI Official though. For the rest i mean you can always create your custom partition etc so...

Maybe you should read carefully one more time the information in the link you are sent to in post 1.

Изпратено от моя XiaoMi Mi2S през Tapatalk