Unlocking Bootloader and flashing MIUI EU version on Mi 11 via Mac OS?

ronin7

Members
Nov 24, 2021
Hello everyone :emoji_wave:

As the title suggests, I was wondering is there a way to unlock your bootloader and then flash a fresh install of MIUI via Mac OS? All I've found is some third-party tool called XiaoMiTool V2 but it's posted by the creator on the XDA forum back in 2017 I think so I'm not sure if I should even consider it. Or maybe I could use it to install whatever MIUI version might be available at the time and then simply update through the phone Updater app? Would that work?

Also, any recommendations regarding the best ROM for Mi 11, with long-term support? From what I've heard so far, EU version should be better than Global, right? I'm currently on Chinese ROM btw.

The process of unlocking it and then installing a new ROM is pretty straightforward to me, so my only problem is the fact that I don't have an access to the Windows machine at the moment. Yeah, I could ask a friend but since it's almost 2022, I thought maybe someone came up with a solution for non PC users.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, to unlock the bootloader you need a computer, because the unlock app is only available for computer, moreover, to install twrp you need a computer, after that it can all be done through ota.

Hi, to unlock the bootloader you need a computer, because the unlock app is only available for computer, moreover, to install twrp you need a computer, after that it can all be done through ota.
Yup, I know that. By Mac OS is didn't mean iOS (iPhone OS). I have a Macbook pro laptop.

try using a virtual machine inside the macos
Unfortunately, virtualization on M1 Macs isn't one of the features they can be proud of... I'm specifically asking if there's a way to do it on a Macbook laptop, plug and play style.

Unfortunately, virtualization on M1 Macs isn't one of the features they can be proud of... I'm specifically asking if there's a way to do it on a Macbook laptop, plug and play style.
I think not, try googling a bit

And xiaomi.eu roms are based on the china ones, china roms have more features etc, so xiaomi.eu stable is better, if you want more features and dont care about stability go for the weekly

I think not, try googling a bit
Thank you for putting the time into this but you're not helping bro. I've already tried googling, that's why I decide to make a profile here, so I can take one last shot, hoping a dedicated community might know more about this. I've flashed some of my previous phones with custom ROM but my only problem now is the fact that I don't have a Windows PC now, hence why I'm asking for a Macbook workaround.

Last edited: