Unlocking

Prettygrim

Members
Jan 6, 2016
hi all. just wanted to inform you that i received the txt message telling me i had been approved for receiving the unlock permission. that's the good thing. now for the bad thing. having unlocked the phone, i went ahead and followed the procedure i did prior to Xiaomi locking the phone with official update 6.1.14. i installed supersu and TWRP and the update 6.1.14 from here, not the 'official' one. that was the start of things going wrong. after the update had finished, i found that i couldn't open the 'settings' option on the phone. i had turned off auto updating because assumed if the new official update went on the phone, i'd be back to square 1. however, the phone wanted to take the official update, not one from here. any idea why?
moving on, because of not being able to get to the settings option, i put an official rom, miui_MI4c_V7.0.16.0.LXKCNCI_cba5b6c4a8_5.1.zip on the phone via TWRP. the problems are still there. cant open settings, dont have a keypad. so cross that there were none of these issues until Xiaomi locked the phones! oh, and another thing, even though i had put supersu on the phone, that's gone again.
basically, i need some more help guys, please. anyone able to suggest what to do?

wanted to update you all saying i have managed to sort out the phone. i found a backup i had done prior to the official update 6.1.14 being installed and locking the bootloader. i had to go back to rom miui_MI4c_5.12.31_5d6537a0b8_5.1.zip to achieve a working phone. my question now is which unofficial rom from here should i use to stop getting in the same position as before, with the official updates being downloaded and installed when i dont want them?

would welcome suggestions, please

TIA