Update 8.0.5.0.0 To Xiaomi.eu Rom

escaner

Members
Nov 30, 2016
Hello

I got a new Redmi Note 4 with a weird "MIUI Global 8.0 | Stable 8.0.5.0.0 (MBFCNDG)" ROM. I think this is an internationalized Chinese stable.
Is it possible to go straight from this version to Xiaomi.eu ROMs? Or I need to install some other official release before?
Currently awaiting bootloader unlock, so perhaps I could start doing some stuff meanwhile...

Thank's a lot!

Hello

I got a new Redmi Note 4 with a weird "MIUI Global 8.0 | Stable 8.0.5.0.0 (MBFCNDG)" ROM. I think this is an internationalized Chinese stable.
Is it possible to go straight from this version to Xiaomi.eu ROMs? Or I need to install some other official release before?
Currently awaiting bootloader unlock, so perhaps I could start doing some stuff meanwhile...

Thank's a lot!

The Xiaomi.eu firmware are based on the China Dev (or Stable is based on China Stable) so, for best results, you would be wise to flash the same-version Chinese firmware Flashbundle (via SP Flash Tool) before flashing Xiaomi.eu. Just to make sure all the other partitions and stuff are updated (MTK devices like the Note 4 have a lot of mysterious system-related partitions).

Just as a follow on:

Unexpectedly I received the unlock confirmation soon after posting my message and I could unlock the bootloader directly from this weird 8.0.5.0.0 version.
TWRP installed with no problem, but when installing xiaomi.eu 6.12.1, just after the MD5 and ZIP checksum, the phone rebooted and was not operative anymore.
As I read someone that had installed it from the official global stable 8.0.4.0, I went ahead and installed this one, then TWRP again, and this time xiaomi.eu 6.12.1 was installed flawlessly.

The problem with my "MIUI Global 8.0 | Stable 8.0.5.0.0 (MBFCNDG)" ROM seemed to be the "cust" partition: TWRP could not even read it for backup.

Reactions: iamme729
The problem with my "MIUI Global 8.0 | Stable 8.0.5.0.0 (MBFCNDG)" ROM seemed to be the "cust" partition: TWRP could not even read it for backup.

Seems to be a recurring issue among these unofficial reseller-customized firmwares. I don't even remember what firmware mine had at stock, I didn't trust it and opted to flash the latest China stable at the time with SP Flash Tool - which involved replacing cust.img with a custom empty img.

hello,
you can have this video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

8.0.5.0.0 is china developper with twrp format in Advance mode also cust dir. After format please reboot twrp important this point copy and install stabile and enjoy

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk