Update from 8.8.30 to 8.9.20 Bootloop back to recovery

Renek74

Members
Dec 10, 2016
I tied to update my Mi8 to latest Beta, but now he isn´t start. After a while he goes back into recovery. I flashes with TWRP twrp-3.2.3.0.-dipper.
Have anywhere a solution?

Flash magisk and dm-Verity again

Gửi từ MI 8 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

I tied to update my Mi8 to latest Beta, but now he isn´t start. After a while he goes back into recovery. I flashes with TWRP twrp-3.2.3.0.-dipper.
Have anywhere a solution?

Dirty flash or clean flash?
Android 8 to 9 need clean installation, thuS u need to factory reset after flashed 8.9.20.
Hope it help.

If you could take a logcat it will be more useful..

please create an adb logcat to solve this upgrade mystery for other users coming from Android 8.x to 9.x..

OK thank you..

If adb will not recognise your device, install 8.8.30 back, boot it up and enable USB debugging in dev settings..

then install 8.9.20 again, connect to PC and run command "adb logcat > bootloop.txt"

thank you

OK thank you..

If adb will not recognise your device, install 8.8.30 back, boot it up and enable USB debugging in dev settings..

then install 8.9.20 again, connect to PC and run command "adb logcat > bootloop.txt"

thank you
...I do it on evening. USB debugging is enabled in 8.8.30. I am back on 8.8.30 but some is wrong now. Kamera is not working and some sensors also. But it was booting.

because you wiped /persist partition.. flash it again and will be ok..

from fastboot image take persist.img and install it in TWRP...

from fastboot image take persist.img and install it in TWRP...
...I get the fastboot image on this site? And the persist.img is the sysem image like recovery.img in TWRP? Sorry formystupid questions. Never tried this before. Had no problems to update my Mi5 from Android 6 to 7 and from 7 to 8. First time for me.

dont get it, how come his persist.img file went missing from persist partition.
i flashed 8.9.20 from 8.8.30 via TWRP, after that perform factory reset with TWRP... my Mi8 works fine, although there is bugs (known bugs)

chinese TWRP has option in Wipe menu to wipe /persist partition also.. users select it also even doesn't know what it is.. thats why we dont like custom TWRP builds.. it can make a more damage by users...

chinese TWRP has option in Wipe menu to wipe /persist partition also.. users select it also even doesn't know what it is.. thats why we dont like custom TWRP builds.. it can make a more damage by users...
...I don´t select this option. I only what I do after flash is to wipe Dalvik and cache