Update Theme

Stolpergeist

Members
Dec 27, 2019
I have a general question regarding themes:

How are themes updated respectively is there a way to initiate an update manually?

I'm using the theme Rhodium and noticed that app icons are not up2date (e.g. with the new designed Gmail, Google Drive Google Calendar icons) although the apps are up2date. When I switch to the default theme the app icons are up2date but unfortunately the default theme/icons is/are pretty ugly.

Hello,

When using xiaomi.eu ROMs, modified app icons are included for most Google apps (and others apps too). ;)

If you want to remove these icons, install this zip in TWRP then re-apply your phone's theme (if you still have a Mi 9 SE and after updating your ROM too) => TWRP_Remove_MIUI_MOD_ICONS.zip

:)

Last edited:
Hello,

When using xiaomi.eu ROMs, modified app icons are included for most Google apps (and others apps too). ;)

If you want to remove these icons, install this zip in TWRP then re-apply your phone's theme (if you still have a Mi 9 SE and after updating your ROM too) => TWRP_Remove_MIUI_MOD_ICONS.zip

:)
Thanks, Poney70.

I followed your instructions but even after re-applying my theme "Rhodium" the app icons are not updated. The icons seem to be up2date when using the "Classic" or "Default/Standard" theme but not when using the theme "Rhodium" or "Limitless".

follow-up questions:
- Would I have to do this after every ROM update?
- Is there any way to change the layout/form of the app icons when applying the default or classic theme without the need to use another launcher (like e.g. Nova Launcher)?

Thanks in advance.

Stolper