Update To 8.1.7.0 From 8.1.6.0 Info

daitan91

Members
Jun 22, 2016
I have a Mi5 with 8.1.6.0 and I install the 8.1.7.0 from "TWRP 3.0.2-3" recovery as I usually do. The update is done but in the recovery log I have got this message for 2 times:
E:unknown command [log]
Have I got any issues? Can I stay quiet?

Reactions: merlin110
Did you make a factory reset after flashing 8.1.7.0?

I am unsure because there is no 8.1.7.0 china stable. What kind of version is the xiaomi.eu 8.1.7.0?
Latest china stable is still 8.1.6.0...is the xiaomi.eu 8.1.7.0 homemade by xiaomi.eu?

Last edited:
Yep! TWRP 3.0.2.3 (latest version)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback! What's your take on MIUI implementation of Nougat so far? App installs and app optimization after an OS upgrade should be some of the things that benefit from Nougat (should be much faster). Did you notice some of that?

Reactions: merlin110
Just a couple of hours running. Not so much difference...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk

After updating from 8.1.6.0 to 8.1.7.0 with TWRP 3.0.2-3, both sim cards are not recognized anymore. I tried it twice on a Mi5 and once on another Mi5. Returned to 8.1.6.0, problem solved. Strange, but in this case I better stay on 8.1.6.0.

After updating from 8.1.6.0 to 8.1.7.0 with TWRP 3.0.2-3, both sim cards are not recognized anymore. I tried it twice on a Mi5 and once on another Mi5. Returned to 8.1.6.0, problem solved. Strange, but in this case I better stay on 8.1.6.0.
Solved, the issue appeared to be caused by SuperSU-v2.76. After installing SuperSU-v2.79, the problem was gone

Dirty flash from 8.1.6.0. I have no problems. But I miss it very much Xposed, for which there is still no support for Android 7.0.

Hello. I'm version 8.1.6.0 now. Can i make the latest update to 7.0 via updater app after downloaded rom? Thank you everybody!

Thanks for the answer. What is the difference between OTA or twrp flash? Isnt latest twrp included in the rom packages? Do i have to wipe sonething?

Thanks for the answer. What is the difference between OTA or twrp flash? Isnt latest twrp included in the rom packages? Do i have to wipe sonething?

OTA update makes dirty flash, just flashes new update without wiping. Of course you can do that in twrp also.

I always check that I have the latest twrp version before i flash something, now 3.0.2-3. If not, you can flash it in fastboot mode. Install rom and after that wipe data, cache and dalvik, NOT system.

I'm not saying that dirty flash won't work in your situation. I just say that it's always better to upgrade with clean flash (wipe data/cache/dalvik).

Insturctions also say that it is good to flash first 6.11.10 and only after that Nougat rom. I have done it that way and had no problems.

Ok. Thank you. But i have used xiaomi.eu stable roms only...not dev rom. Does that make difference about update? Do you mean that i have to flash that 6.11.10 anyway? I was updating to this: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.1.7.0.NAACNDL_v8-7.0.zip

Ok. Thank you. But i have used xiaomi.eu stable roms only...not dev rom. Does that make difference about update? Do you mean that i have to flash that 6.11.10 anyway? I was updating to this: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.1.7.0.NAACNDL_v8-7.0.zip
I'm really not sure if that's necessary. I just said that I've done it that way. Anyway it is upgrade from 6.0 to 7.0. and instructions tell us first to install 6.11.10.

I meant, cand i make dirty flash between those? And isn't this 6.11.10 version old as hell? Or at least older than my 8.1.6.0?
Now I don't understand your problem. Why make dirty flash between stable and dev if you're anyway flashing back to stable nougat ROM trough clean flash?

I still suggest you to clean flash 6.11.10 and after that clean flash 8.1.7.0. Maybe you have newer ROM but as long as instructions advice us to flash 6.11.10 before nougat ROM, I would do that.

I moved from cm 14.1 first to 6.11.10 by clean flash and then to 8.1.7.0 by clean flash. I can confirm that it works that way. Of course there may be other ways also but I do not have tested those.

Now I don't understand your problem. Why make dirty flash between stable and dev if you're anyway flashing back to stable nougat ROM trough clean flash?

I still suggest you to clean flash 6.11.10 and after that clean flash 8.1.7.0. Maybe you have newer ROM but as long as instructions advice us to flash 6.11.10 before nougat ROM, I would do that.

I moved from cm 14.1 first to 6.11.10 by clean flash and then to 8.1.7.0 by clean flash. I can confirm that it works that way. Of course there may be other ways also but I do not have tested those.
Since the day i opened bl and made the first fastboot flash, i have made only dirty flashs to update. Sorry if im not very clear when i make these questions...this isn't my native language. What i meant, again, was that, can i make dirty flash to 6.11.10 before clean flash back to 7.0 stable? And, oh boy, i'm confused this update system....when this is stable update to nougat, i don't understand why i have to make clean flash...? It's not a big deal for most of guys, but i have pretty ****** computer and that makes me sweat like a pig everytime when i have to do something with computer .

And many thanks to you Neely_ for answering. I'll try to loan solid computer and make it that way. Should i do something special to downgrade this 6.11.10? Or is it that simple by making clean flash to it?

As I said, I'm not sure if you can do dirty flash. I think so but I've not tried that. But clean flash is not that difficult to do. So I'd prefer that if you're anyway going to do clean flash to 7.0.

Just back up your device in TWRP before doing anything.