Updating Mi4s To Nougat

JonSnow

Members
Jun 17, 2016
Hi, i post here because there are such different problems exposed in the main topic for this update. So, I've got the MIUI 8.2 with ROM 6.12.22 Dev, installed from here. How do i get the Nougat update? I can't remember how i unlocked bootloader, but i'm sure i never asked permission to Xiaomi, so...how do i procede exactly? Thanks :)

Ask permission first. So. After you flash the mighty 7.0 and lost the ''unlocked bootloader'' thing. And your permission is granted you can re'unlock ur phone using miunlocker and instal corrected twrp and doing root.. maybe its take sometime to xiaomi give you permission.

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

Ok so I've got the permission now. So I flash the 7.2.9 via updater or TWRP?

Inviato dal mio MI 4S utilizzando Tapatalk

Ok so I've got the permission now. So I flash the 7.2.9 via updater or TWRP?

I would recommend waiting for the ROM of this week

Enviado desde mi MI 4S mediante Tapatalk

is there any official update of nougat?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
galaxy s9 prix samsung s8

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CODE4POWER
Perfect timing, HDR mode fixed, battery and performance widget as well. I did not try any more. The update from twrp 3.0.3.0 that I have installed, and since 7.2.9

But which TWRP should I install? The Libra one?

Ok I read Libra 7.0 should be fine. So what should i do is:
- install new ROM from updater
- connect my phone in fastboot mode and unlock bootloader
- install TWRP via fastboot (but still not sure how I'm doing this last step)

Ok I read Libra 7.0 should be fine. So what should i do is:
- install new ROM from updater
- connect my phone in fastboot mode and unlock bootloader
- install TWRP via fastboot (but still not sure how I'm doing this last step)

The last step is not so, you have to install Xiaomi ADB, connect the phone by fastboot and run a cmd command

The last step is not so, you have to install Xiaomi ADB, connect the phone by fastboot and run a cmd command

Could you help me in that step? I installed adb long time ago, but I'm not sure it'll work again

Update to Android 7, Xiaomi.eu directions
When installing android 7 not only closes the bootloader, but you run out of twrp.
Steps to follow:
- ask Xiaomi for permission to open the bootloader, it is not worth another way.
- install by update the ROM
- when you have the permission of Xiaomi, download miunlock and open the bootloader.
- download twrp https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByP6S_Z3vDjWY1hhdFhfdnhvVVU/view
- you have to install it by ADB
https://mega.nz/!bRJQCQiC!IOYbrCUq9eBmhTOBfwAzcxcY9Lic9DyQ3syb8V8kn8M
ADB Xiaomi
ADB Commands:
Fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3030.img
Fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3030.img
Taken from comments from fellow forum, thank you
Sent from my MI 4S via Tapatalk

[/URL]

Is this the right recovery or Libra 7.0 should be better ? (Or it's the same)

Just a few more questions: should I install adb or just download it and run a cmd command in that folder? (That's what I understood)

I have installed this twrp , 3.0.3.0, , but i think that they IS the same, only ADB command i put IS for 3.0.3.0, if you go to use libra, you have to change recovery 3030.img by the name you download

I have installed this twrp , 3.0.3.0, , but i think that they IS the same, only ADB command i put IS for 3.0.3.0, if you go to use libra, you have to change recovery 3030.img by the name you download

Ok I'll flash yours maybe for now. I can flash other TWRP via TWRP itself in the future, right? I changed it once, doing like for weekly ROMs

I,m sorry foro my english word, i,m for spanish.
First updated by updater. Second opens the bootloader with permission of Xiaomi with miunlock. Third copy the uncompressed twrp to the Xiaomi.adb folder and run adb_cmd.exe, connect the mobile in fastboot mode and type "fastboot oem device-info" to know that it is connected, write the lines that I put and wait for it to be Restart, or type fastboot reboot, ready

Yes, you can update twrp by twrp Mode in the future