Updating Stable Rom

Jsem12

Members
Jan 15, 2016
Hi all,
I'm on a MI4C EU stable from January. I see there are newer versions of the stable Rom available. I tried updating through the Updater app but it didn't work.

Can someone please give me a short rundown on what is required

Cheers

Thanks gsanta for your reply. I actually already have the unlocked bootloader.

Anyway it is now irrelevant. I have made the switch to the TS Cyanogenmod 13 for the Mi4C. I couldn't be happier. MIUI always felt like a dog of an OS. Having come from windows phone I was really dissapointed with MIUI. If anyone is sitting on the fence, dump MIUI and get CM. Here are my reasons:

-I don't really trust a chinese rom, even if an effort has been made in the EU rom to stop using Chinese servers
-The UI is terrible in MIUI. For example the volume control is terrible in comparision to windows phone or CM. In MIUI you can't even reduce the volume on the phone without the phone making a noise! I know you can use the silent toggle but that's not what I mean.
-MIUI feels like an iOS clone
-The EU Rom community is not the most helpful of communities. There are a lot of questions in these forums and a lot of people with the knowledge to answer them but most go unanswered...

if you need a help with update / recovery / root--> http://adf.ly/1ZYoHh
I hope this video helps you out. if you are liked it please give it a thumbs
up in also subscribe for more videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway it is now irrelevant. I have made the switch to the TS Cyanogenmod 13 for the Mi4C. I couldn't be happier. MIUI always felt like a dog of an OS. Having come from windows phone I was really dissapointed with MIUI. If anyone is sitting on the fence, dump MIUI and get CM.

I'm a Windows Insiders, and yes... somehow it makes me dissappointed. I like the tiles and battery.

Here are my reasons:

-I don't really trust a chinese rom, even if an effort has been made in the EU rom to stop using Chinese servers
-The UI is terrible in MIUI. For example the volume control is terrible in comparision to windows phone or CM. In MIUI you can't even reduce the volume on the phone without the phone making a noise! I know you can use the silent toggle but that's not what I mean.
-MIUI feels like an iOS clone
-The EU Rom community is not the most helpful of communities. There are a lot of questions in these forums and a lot of people with the knowledge to answer them but most go unanswered...

1. I don't trust too even I'm a China Devs Beta Team. Hahaha... but aside too many bloatware and Google problems, China Devs Beta is good to try. It's a choice, or you can choose Global Beta too.

2. If you comparing with W10M or WP8.1, is a different aspects. But if you comparing Android L to Android M, you can spot the differences. Marshmallow has a better material design than a previous version.

3. Try to change your MIUI theme. I found some good themes. MIUI theme I think is better than theme you downloaded at Play Store.

4. The MIUI eu ROM is translation with better "debug" from China Devs ROM. If you encountered some problems that not answered here, you can go to Official Global site.